Buy to lets

Why is someone trying to kill me "silly"?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Please let me know which puns you 'go into' so I can make sure never to visit them. I'd rather die of thirst.

BTW do you 'go into' gay pubs to exercise this right?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then why are some health and prison workers still exposed to it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Good reason for the meters to be outside.

No more silly than people sticking a paper tube containing dried vegetation into their mouth and lighting said paper tube. It amazes me why anybody would ever want to do that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Very good question. Give it a little more time and those anomalies can be addressed as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Cue the classic Bob Newhart "Sir Walter Raleigh explains tobacco" routine:

Lobster

If your constitution is that feeble, you could be killed by a variety of everyday events.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It might well amaze you, but people have always smoked vegetation. You'll be telling me you've never had a joint next. My, what a sheltered existence!

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Umm no, that observation is "silly".

Reply to
Steve Firth

Would you believe me if I told you that that is indeed the case, as is not having ever smoked anything else? It would be true.

That's why it amazes me why anyone would want to do either.

Hardly. There's no connection between them.

It isn't really the same as never having had sex, now is it?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, and another claim by ASH and BHF

exposure to cigarette smoke for half an hour puts you as much at risk of a heart attack as the smoker

nothing quoted as an authoritative source, but it sounds like a bit of a strong statement to make unless you have some backing

Reply to
geoff

I remember hearing that on the BBC for the first time in the late 50s That and the Goon show, happy days!

-
Reply to
Mark

Yep

good idea

Mark

Prime example of the anti smoking brigade making up claims as they go along. Trouble is they can lie & get away with it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You buy chat? The prime purpose of a pub is purchase of alcohol.

That he purchased and affects no one else?? Boy you really are a dumb Chav.

What a sirry irriot!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, read my other post.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well, if I was the landlord, I wouldn't want my barman sneaking outside every so often for his fix. So, only if they could give up...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes, I'm experiencing that problem

I have several who smoke, they are constantly nipping out for a quick one

Reply to
geoff

That would be fine as well since you would be helping them to improve their health prospects.

Reply to
Andy Hall