Buy to lets

Not when I was there a few months ago. Or likely to be.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're welcome to your smoke free 'gastro-pubs'. I was referring to proper pubs - a bit thin on the ground these days, but they do still exist.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, it's amazing how publicans become chefs overnight. Most of it is straight out of the freezer IME. It's yer ambience that's important, and internet access of course. Spent 7 hours in Wetherspoons at Victoria Station the other day, where you can't even go outside for a smoke.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Oh dear. You must have been desperate. You should have said. I'd have bought you lunch.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Where did you go?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah, I prefer to drink on an empty stomach.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

But we are not talking about an active smokers response, we are talking about so called passive smoking.

Thats one of the benefits actually - smoking prevents excessive ear growth :-)

Please pay attention. I'm simply making a case for separate smoking establishments. Choice. If you dislike smoking you could choose not to patronise tham.

Gambling is also an adiction.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No I simply said that it was one of many causes. It is an irritant, but that doesn't mean its a health risk. See above.

No I don't, because passive smoking isn't a health risk. It may be unpleasant to some, it may be irritating to some, but it is not a health risk. An irritant of any sort is an irritant - not a health risk.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed they have Dave. Lies, damn lies, statistics & anti smoking proaganda.

If non smokers contract lung cancer (and they do) it is a different type of lung cancer to the one smokers may contract and it occurs in a different part of the lung.

Nicely said.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Who said anything about solids?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Report them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you vacant in the head.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Even if it were only that, it would be worth eliminating it from public places.

Reply to
Andy Hall

He looked at the brochure.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He seems to think that if he says it often enough it will be true that smoking is harmless and is not a health risk. Talk about being brainwashed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can we also ban cheap perfume then? gives me asthma every time I sniff some fat old bag in the supermarket q.

Oh and busses. Does the same.

And grass ..that's pretty lethal stuff. Not "Grass" tho. Thats GOOD for asthma. Thats why they banned it of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Absolutely.

Try looking for old bags with more class.

Better to avoid busses anyway.

Best really.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's what becomes of re-using your old bags at the supermarket.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Talk about being brain dead. I'm claiming that PASSIVE smoking is harmless.

Anyway, how did you get past my blocked senders list?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Ah, but I was simply looking for a place to jump in and start a rant

Reply to
geoff