Buy to lets

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Way too much information there - If you suddenly stop posting we'll know that you've just been arrested

Don't forget in swimming pools - nothing worse than a mouthful of cheap eau de cologne laden water

Yuck !

Reply to
geoff

I NEVER swim.

Except in dulcet tropical waters.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It sounds as if you have done your homework. It looks as if the govt and BoE as trying to maintain house prices and might even contemplate an interest rate reduction to achieve this. I have plenty of experience in letting but not so much in financial matters other than some educated common sense.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

1km at 9am is good for the body, spirit and soul

Tropical waters are for relaxing by, not swimming in

Reply to
geoff

Once upon a time I used to go swimming at a public pool where Age Concern organised a session just before a small group of us. The water absolutely reeked of Ralgex before we went in.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Campoamour, Orihuela.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is that what you call it ?

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Probably that as well!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Why did you keep "The beer's awful, I'll be glad when I've had enough"

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Also allowing in 1.1 million people to sustain demand and keep prices high so Little Middle England can be happy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Because he's alcoholic?

All his non smoking workmates probably chose the smokiest possible pub to meet in in the hope he wouldn't turn up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes.I was another of those parents in the late 70s it all worked out ok in the end, very character building but not something I would recommend.

-
Reply to
Mark

I followed this thread with increasing disbelief. Usually uk.d-i-y has some kind of rationality but this seems to have departed here.

Where's the evidence for this? Even if it affects a different part of the lung it does not prove that passive smoking is not the cause.

Tobacco smoke contains many known carcinogens such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and nitrosamine. I think the onus is on the tobacco industry to prove it is safe - which they can't.

Whether you agree with the ban or not there is no doubt that passive smoking kills.

Mark

There's no doubt God exists either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Get back to your swim in Egypt.

Tobacco smoke (*) is loaded with known carcinogens. There is no doubt whatsoever that inhaling it is bad for you.

(* And lots of other smokes, too, it has to be said.)

Reply to
Huge

This man needs to eff off as he is a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A very good post.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not only that, but very unpleasant for the secondary smokers.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Hi Ed thanks for your reply I did appreciate your original answer as a landlord in fact it was partially your confidence in the rental market that persuaded me to proceed with the purchase I realise this is not the best time to be buying but my own financial situation is quite secure for the next five years and I have managed to find an excellent house which I consider to be good value for money even at todays prices. I am also young enough to be able to take the risk without losing any sleep as to how im going to feed the family. If I sit on the fence with cold feet until all the stars align, well I should probably take up knitting and become another armchair expert.

Reply to
Phil Gardner

What codswallop! The rise in crime over the last 20 years has exactly coincided with the rise in so-called "rehabilitation" and parole and probation. There will always be crims who are not discouraged by punishment, but at least imprisonment takes them, or at least used to take them, off the streets for a few years. Now they are given an ASBO and an ankle bracelet, and go off to Been-an-Queued for a hacksaw followed by a resumption of their criminal behaviour.

The only way, the *only* way, to stop crime is to either persuade crims that they would be better off not committing crime by making the chances of being caught very high and the punishment so draconian the risk of it is not worth committing the crime, or by taking the crims out of circulation so they are unable to commit crimes any more. Teaching them a trade doesn't do it, since crime is often easier and more lucrative than any job. Making the poor dears face up to the consequences of their crimes doesn't work, because usually they don't give a stuff and often have an uncontrollable drug habit to feed anyway.

Or do you actually think crime is dropping in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Gordon