Buy to lets

Then Gordon will think of something else, hopefully Land Value Tax instead.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, I would have the fire brigade out to them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, I would just hose the bustards out!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, this one is barking. He says, yes he does.."I'm not suggesting that active smoking is wonderful, although it does have some benefits". Yes, he did say that. Amazing.

Maxie, he would smoke the trees.

Only where to remember where the ciggie packet is Maxie. Maxie the craving is to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.

Maxie, it not a pastime, it is a poisonous addition.

Maxie, the stuff has fried his brain.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So it sounds as though the market for A+B locations has been addressed......

Reply to
Andy Hall

What bollocks!!!!! Any member of the public can enter, so it is a public space. Get it????

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

As I said - coward to the end

Reply to
geoff

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

No, YOU wouldn't

you're not brave enough

Reply to
geoff

You chose to claim that cigarette smoke can't be a cause. Have you now changed your position - do you now agree that passive smoking is a health risk, at the very least by the smoke being an unnecessary irritant?

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Maxie, I would hold the hose!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, I would stand there full force on hose and advancing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I doesn't matter what he agrees. He is barking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Garbage.

Reply to
Huge

I think the point being made is that the dangers of passive smoking have been *vastly* overestimated by the anti-smoking brigade.

Roy Castle's relations have a lot to answer for. There are lots and lots of other entertainers who worked in exactly the same conditions and didn't smoke - and the meja would be sure we knew if they died of the same type of cancer.

I'm not saying anyone who wants to avoid passive smoking shouldn't be able to. But that forcing smokers into draughty outside areas adjacent to pubs etc simply isn't necessary, and in fact is a punishment for smoking. What annoys me most is that the powers that be don't just admit this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Of course it can be done. Or provide a detached area purely for smokers. But that wouldn't be putting the boot in.

It's interesting that other countries - like Spain - have similar laws which are largely ignored. Bit like the mobile phone use while driving one here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

At one energy conservation conference I was at earlier this year, a speaker comments that at his local more energy was now being used for patio heaters than in the building.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

This man is clearly barking man and should eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That being the case there was presumably no need for legislation

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Banning patio heaters will be the final proof that all this is being done with malice. Banning energy conservation conferences might be more appropriate.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I agree. Total garbage. Once the word got around that some pubs/bars were non-smoking they were full. The problem was that it took time for word to get around and in the meantime the place lost some money so they dropped the idea in many. It took too long for word to get around. In one local pub they banned smoking at the bar and allowed smoking only in one end. It half worked as when you walked in you could still smell the stinking stuff and the smoke did drift over. The partial ban inside only relieved matters for proper people - not eliminate it.

SMOKING IS BANNED. These half-wits should live with it and accept it, and realise it is for their own good. Many of them clearly need therapy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel