Britain's worst DIY'er

Nothing else on worth watching so ...

What an absolute total load of crap

Reply to
geoff

You mean you've got no DIY jobs yourself waiting for attention ?!

Reply to
G&M

Explain please?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , G&M writes

Not at 8 pm with a decent bottle of wine in front of me

Reply to
geoff

Sunday evenings are not the time for DIY when you've been doing it for almost the rest of the week.

The first bottle is empty, there's only one glass of the second left (but most of it went into the sauce).

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I think you had to see it.

Three pairs "DIY'ers" given a room to renovate each, two blew the lights which they had to put up, they all cut through mains water pipes, one sellotaped over a hole in the ceiling ...

It must have been scripted and paid for by the powers that be who want to show that non professionals are not safe wiring up a 3 pin plug and thus will have to legislate against it.

That's the main reason I wanted to watch it

Reply to
geoff

"geoff" wrote | Nothing else on worth watching so ... | What an absolute total load of crap

Yes, no visits to A&E and no properties collapsing with unpropped walls. No fun to watch.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

| >> Nothing else on worth watching so ...

| >You mean you've got no DIY jobs yourself waiting for attention ?! | >

| Not at 8 pm with a decent bottle of wine in front of me | Whole heartily agree, Sunday eve, sit down with a bottle of red (unless that 'little' job which was started on Saturday morning still isn't finished).

Seri

Reply to
Seri

I also thought it looked scripted, and even if it was genuine it would have been unfair and skewed, given the conditions that were imposed.

The sad thing is that I know several people who *are* equally as incompetent as those portrayed...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Nope. It's scripted by the production, who as anyone in TV knows are the least practical humans on earth, but still know know how to do all others' jobs better than they can. IMM would do well there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I misse the program, one of the trailers had loads of smoke billowing from a meter box, was it shown tonight and what was the cause?

Reply to
James Salisbury

Oh I see. I don't trust tv programmes, having been on it and seeing the editing ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm sure that it ws on this ng that I first learnt the secret of motors and the like:

"All electrical components are powered by magic smoke. If something happens, and the smoke is accidentally let out, the component(s) won't work anymore."

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was skewed from the begining by giving them only two minutes in which to choose the tools and materials needed to do 8 hours of work, and no forewarning of the need to plan, nor time to plan against the list of work to be done.

OTOH I was *very* worried that one of the DIY klutzes was described as "an aircraft engineer". He was so cack-handed that I hope he never worked on any aircraft I have flown in or will fly in.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Yes almost a glass left in the second bottle ...

Reply to
geoff

Yes, I noticed that too

they probably mean that he's a paper pusher for BAe or something but wanted to sex it up a bit

Reply to
geoff

You can 'ave as a trainee down south then. 'e ain't coming up here. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Caught a few glimpses of it (in between sanding wardrobe doors..) and that seems like a fair assessment of the programme.

C5 have improved a lot on the film front. Their "when neighbours swarm" type progs leave a lot to be desired, though...

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS