External sealer

I need to fill some cracks and holes in some external plaster.

In B&Q there are loads of sealers. Which is the best one to use given that I need to paint over the sealer.

Reply to
TS

Words like acrylic, exterior and flexible are good, silicone is very bad- paint will not stick to it.

If by 'external plaster' you mean cement render, then a sand cement grout might be a better bet. Rake out any loose stuff in the crack and make up 3 sand 1 cement to a fairly wet mix, wet the crack first and then fill with the grout.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Use a solvent based masonry paint, like Johnstones Stormguard, or anything pliolite based. Should be no need to seal. Poly external filler for the bigger cracks/holes.

Reply to
stuart noble