bosch multitool blandes

I need some new bosch multitool blades (the classic plunge wood blades) Anyone used this site and is quality OK ?

sm_jamieson

Also, how do these compare to the bi-metal blades ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Yes, and they were OK.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Not used those, but CPC have a good deal on these bosch ones:

I think they should be that price for one, but I've ordered them a few time s, and it is definitely a pack of 5 for £6.99 + VAT

andrew

Don't forget you can re-sharpen the wood cutting blades with a triangular Swiss needle file.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

mes, and it is definitely a pack of 5 for £6.99 + VAT

They look pretty narrow. What is the width of those blades ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

They do look conspicuously cheaper than all the others don't they... ok ordered some, lets see what turns up ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

times, and it is definitely a pack of 5 for £6.99 + VAT

20mm I think. They are a bit narrow than the standard ones. A
Reply to
andrew

Yes, very pleased with them. Easily as good as the Bosch ones.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well it does say: "Price For: Pack of 5" ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Agreed - have been using them since early this year.

Reply to
rbel

times, and it is definitely a pack of 5 for £6.99 + VAT

========================= ================\

========================= ================/

Hi John, have the blades arrived yet ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Yup they came... they are a tad smaller than the normal blades - probably about 20mm wide rather than 30 and probably 10mm less plunge depth. Other than that genuine Bosch blades in packs of 5.

Reply to
John Rumm

w times, and it is definitely a pack of 5 for £6.99 + VAT

Excellent. I've ordered 2 packs - should keep me going for the foreseeable future. With the standard blades I usually try and ease a corner in first s o I think a narrower blade might help. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

OK, thread hijack time: I'm thinking of getting a multitool. My immediate excuse^W reason is that I'm going to be laying an engineered wood floor, and I want to undercut the skirting board. (In the other room I just removed the skirting and fitted new, but this room has the original square edged Victorian skirting, and i f I take that off, I will need to replaster too.)

My inclination is to avoid Silverline et-al, and I'm certainly not about to shell out for a Fein. On the other hand, should I buy something from the Bosch Blue, or Bosch Green level of manufacturer? and which one? (I don't think I need cordless, but I have got a couple of Makita 14.4 NiCd batterie s(*), so if I could buy a suitable bare unit, that might be worth it.)

  • Eg:
Martin Bonner

I've bought more of these than I care to think about. I have Fein, Bosch and Aldidl units powered by electricity and compressed air. They get used for kitchen fitting, repairs to sash windows, some odd jobs around the farm and TBH they've all lasted well and have all done the job. The green Bosch bought for use when the Fein got moved to another country works and hasn't broken down even when used for long periods. It's a better detail sander than the Ferm it replaced. The Lidl pneumatic tool has worked well even in lashing rain as I worked against SWMBO's deadline to replace rotten windowsills.

So I can't report a tale of woe telling you to avoid cheap tools, not yet anyway.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Multi-tool is fine for trimming round door architrave etc. but too slow for the skirting job.

There was an earlier thread and ISTR as biscuit jointer was one suggestion.

I find the green Bosch adequate for d-i-y jobs. See the thread on blade replacement for costs though. I find the blades intended for wood can be easily sharpened with a triangular Swiss needle file.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Bear in mind that if you take skirting off carefully, don't trim it, and put it back above the new flooring, it'll be a bit higher up and hide plaster damage along what was the old top edge. Potential problems with this approach left as an exercise for the reader.

Or maybe something like

Cheaper and more general purpose than the proper tool for the job:

Martin, if you want to borrow my Bosch multi-tool, let me know. But for any significant length of skirting, will need some more blades.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Undercutting a room of skirting will be slow with a multitool - although I suppose as a one off job may be tolerable.

A biscuit jointer might work if your floor is thick enough so that the offset of the blade and its wide kerf are not a problem.

Given the time you will need to run it, I would go for something rated for continuous running - so blue bosch, makita etc. You might even find the bottom of the range fein is not that expensive in comparison. e.g:

Vs

John Rumm