Bosch Multitool

A few months ago, I asked about multitools. The Bosch was one of the ones recommended, and knowing their reputation for smooth jigsaws, I decided to try their multitool. I got the MX25EC-21.

It's well worth it. The tool is not very loud, and does not vibrate much at all. Naturally, the head vibrates but the body does not. The soft- start is a nice feature (I didn't miss it too much on the HF version), and variable speed is a nice touch.

The hex wrench for tightening attachments is stored on the cord. A box came with the tool for storing additional accessories, and it's a reasonable size for storing multiple accessories while not being oversized. While I'm on the subject of storage, this tool might actually be left in its cloth bag while not in use. There's not so much stuff that goes with it that storage is a pain, and it's used infrequently enough to make putting it away worthwhile.

I used the straight blade to make a couple of rectangular holes in plywood. The cuts were made easily enough, and the tool was not difficult to control. One big thing to watch for with the straight blade is to make sure it can clear the saw dust out.

Cutting some vinyl siding today, the round blade was the attachment of choice. It made the cuts easily, with the only difficulties being the fault of the user and not the tool.

This verison would be a tool that you use when you need it, not one that you avoid using.

Btw, while I'm reviewing things let me put a word in for the Little Red Cap caulk tube sealers. I picked up a package on Amazon last year, and have used them quite a bit. Roll the cap onto the spout after use, and then unroll it before use. No messing with nails, spout plugs, tape, etc.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 05 Aug 2012 08:03:21 GMT, Puckdropper

A reusable condom for the contractor. Sounds good to me. :)

Reply to
Dave

I have those and they are nice.

Reply to
tiredofspam

I have the 12V cordless Bosch multi-tool. I've found a lot more uses for it than I suspected, too. I like the cordless because most jobs I've used it on are rather small and cords are always a PITA. I have a Dremel corded one if it's a bigger job but I haven't used it much since I got the Bosch.

I just put a long screw or 16p nail in the spout.

Reply to
krw