Boiler Installation cost

We have to have a new boiler installed in our new extension, as the existing boiler has just about had it. The new boiler will be in a new position in the utility room so the flow and return and electrics all have to be extended, and also a new feed is being taken from the gas meter.

The quote we have had to supply and fit a Glow-worm 24hxi boiler, and power flush the system is £1930 + VAT - is this in the right ball park?

I live in Woking in Surrey just in case there are regional variations in plumbing costs.

Reply to
Quigs

I paid 1400 inc VAT for a Vallent 28e in Bromley

Reply to
Scott

In message , Quigs writes

I'd get a few quotes, our boiler replacement quotes were of the order £2k - £4k for the same job.

Reply to
bof

I have just paid £1724 (inc VAT) for a replacement boiler (Ideal Mexico CF

455) plus some other minor plumbing changes. I was quoted (separately) £300 for a power flush but did my own flushing before installation. I am in Gloucestershire.
Reply to
GerryMc

For chrissake, it's half a day's work maximum for 2 blokes. If that comes to more than £350, I'd shop around

Reply to
stuart noble

Oh, and that included a powerflush as well & all chemicals - British gas wanted c. 3K for the same job.

Ours was an easy job with only very minor pipe work routing needed, and the boiler was on an outside wall with full and very easy access. He did all the make good to though.

I'd say

Reply to
Scott

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:58:27 -0000, "stuart noble"

If you can find someone to do it for £350 then I'll retire from the industry as it seems I'd be better off on the dole or the black economy...

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

So, how much do you expect for half a day's work then?

Reply to
stuart noble