New boiler

Getting a new boiler installed - GasSafe - what documentation do I need, given that I may need to sell the property in the next year or two?

Reply to
GB

GasSafe installation certificate - should be with you upto 6 weeks by post after the installation.

Also worth hanging onto the commissioning forms - not required, but potentially useful for such a new boiler.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Just to be safe (sic) make sure you get a "Building Regulations Compliance Certificate" and not (or not just) a "Declaration of Safety Certificate".

Reply to
Robin

Reminds me of when we had our last boiler fitted. We needed it in a hurry, and the local man (very good) could do it straight away apart from the electrics. We agreed I'd do that bit.

When he was ready, he offered me the manual. I then showed him the copy I'd already procured, together with all the necessary stuff pre-prepared!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Does make you wonder how anyone can be competent to install a boiler these days if they can't do electrics.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just wasn't his thing. He had a tame sparky he used; unfortunately he wasn't available that week.

He's an *excellent* plumber; his pipework is a joy to behold, and he's cheap.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sort of guessed that. But who commissioned the boiler and checked it was working to spec?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He did. We just came to an arrangement about the electrics (which was six wires for me to connect).

Reply to
Bob Eager

When I was wiring up the "save and warm" boilers (the scrapage scheme a few years ago) the plumbers just use to put a 13A plug on the boiler to commission it. I would later call in and fit whatever electrics were needed.

Reply to
ARW

It'd be an idea to keep the service records and the installation invoice (if 'gassafe' or whatever they are nowadays). The buyer's solicitor would ask, and details are needed on the standard conveyancing forms - and will stop dead any stupid points of negotiation. It might also be necessary to sell the property with a boiler still covered by a guarantee.

In my case, although I'm not sure how this works, there's a record of the installation on the council's planning portal under 'building control'. Can't see that doing any harm when selling.

Reply to
RJH

What happened in this case was that I wanted all new wiring and a new programmer. So I did all that work (excluding connecting to the boiler) after he'd gone home for the night.

Then, when he was ready, he called me over and I did my final connections.

Then he tested and commissioned it.

Reply to
Bob Eager