conventional boiler installation cost?

We need to get a new boiler fitted to our gas central heating system. We have had a few companies around to price up. Its not a combi just normal pumped system with storage tank upstairs. To remove old boiler, supply and fit new Worcester bosch condensing ( apparently has to be due to new regs) , fit new electronic timer control. We have had quotes around £1750 . Is this around the correct price. Some of the companies kept going on about having to pressure wash the entire system etc, do we definitely need this or are they just adding extras? I live in Ellesmere Port area of Wirral if anybody knows any reputable companies which i should try. Any advice given much appreciated.

Daz

Reply to
dbroms

It was three years ago but we needed to move our old boiler to a new place and decided to get a new boiler (Glowworm micron FF60) at the same time. This job involved reworking gas and water pipes within the same room, I did the electrical moves myself. I got the job done for £1000 which included the boiler and the work. I didn't have a pressure wash and don't know whether the extra 750 is for that - but it seems high

Reply to
OceanTragic

thanks for the reply, i have looked around at the prices for boilers,controllers etc. I think i could probably buy all the parts for about £1000 so £750 for 1 days work? hmm does feel a little expensive so i will continue to shop around.

cheers

Daz "OceanTragic" wrote >

Reply to
dbroms

We had British Gas do ours £1320 inc Power Flush and all new Valves 8 Thermal types.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

To give you a idea, ask british gas to give you a quote they are about £500 to a £1000 over most gas fitters. I have just had my boiler and multi point replaced with a combi and 2 extra radiators fitted and the system flushed for just under £3000 by a local gas shop. BG quote £3500 with 1 years free service. It also depends on the boiler size, mine was for 16 radiators and

Reply to
Mike

Firstly, consider getting your current conventional boiler repaired until condensing technology has improved in 2 - 3 years time. If you do go for a condensing boiler, beware of the plume to ensure that it's not a nuisance. I didn't realise that the 'plume' or 'steam' that is ejected from the terminal would be quite so bad!! Looks like we are going out to sea sometimes..... I paid £1900 for a Bosch condensing combination boiler which took about 1.5 days to remove old / install new with new stat / stat cable laid under the floor. Some places quoted £2000+. I live in the London area. Good luck! Cheers, Will.

Reply to
William Gould

Might be worth reading this

informer