Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

My plumber quoted =A32,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler. The boiler costs about =A3750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too expensive?

Reply to
hardyv_36

If he's going to do it eleven times then no, probably not

Reply to
Richard Conway

We just paid £2.600 to have same boiler Worcester Greenstar 28 installed, with 5 replacement radiators, (we had two newish ones already) a new stopcock, so I would have thought just to have boiler installed was a bit pricey. Have you tried a few more quotes? He also removed old cylinder in bedroom, and cut off old lead pipes etc, he also capped a gas fire in lounge for us too. He was 4 days doing the job, with himself and another chap. We are in the north west of the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference to pricing.

Reply to
Sheila

Reply to
hardyv_36

Reply to
hardyv_36

A couple of years ago we had a combi replaced with a new combi - labour was =A3400 in West London. Ask him what's going to take 4-5 days work - is he replacing/re-routing alot of pipework?

Personally, I would get a bigger rated combi - at least 35kW - it doesn't cost much more and the flow rate is much better.

Charlie

Reply to
charlieB

We didnt buy the boiler ourselves, we just asked him to get all the parts. We didnt price things seperately

Reply to
Sheila

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Lobster

Indeed. If you like baths and are used to a stored hot water system you may be very suprised when your bath takes a long time to fill.

Which model combi is he going to fit? If it is the highflow with a internal heat bank then things may be different.

Mark

Reply to
Mark