Boiler Installation Cost

I've had an estimate to install a new combi boiler for £3000. This includes removal of the old boiler, hot water cylinder, water tank in loft, fitting new boiler and the CH system flushed. Is this more or less than expected? I'll get another estimate next week for comparison.

Dave

Reply to
David

Brutish Gas? Or is 3K a bit cheap for them? :-) Even allowing for the extra costs of a condensing boiler I'd suggest around £2K.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Sheesh, I'd expect a full new system for that! I'd definitely get more quotes.

Reply to
<me9

It wasn't BG. I didn't try them due to the stories I'd heard.

Dave

Reply to
David

My neighbour has a 3 bed semi and is getting all of that plus new radiators for £2500.

Reply to
BeeJay

Theres a shortage of good craftsmen you know...

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

My new boiler install was £2200.

That included boiler removal and install, old flue bricked up, new 7 day programmer, new cylinder stat, one additional rad fitted, 6 TRV's, power flush and inhibitor added, header tank removed and system converted to a fully pumped sealed system.

I found the plumber on the Worcester Bosch web site. If you go to "Find An Installer" and put your post code in it will list their locally approved and trained installer. Which all gives added peace of mind.

He did a reasonably priced, really good job and was a nice friendly, obliging guy.

Another local plumber, not listed by WB, quoted me £3900 for the same work. Funnily enough, I never saw him again.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Thanks for that. Tried the Worcester Bosch web site and found an very local man. Will give him a ring tomorrow.

Dave

Reply to
David