Block paving

Hi all

I'm looking to replace my concrete driveway with block paving.

The job is a bit too ambitious for me so I've decided to get someone in!

I need a guide price for approx 70 sq m of block paving with 44m of borders. Old concrete driveway would need to be lifted & disposed of as would approx

22 sq m of crazy paving along the front of my property. 3 recessed trays will also need to be installed to replace the old manholes also.

I live in South East Wales (10 miles from Newport & 1 mile from the M4) & if anyone can recommend a good installer in this area I'd be most appreciative

TIA Mike

Reply to
I'm not crofter either

Extrapolating from my smaller drive that we just had done, I would say =A312k +/- =A32k for a proper job.

Quite a bit less if you employ pikeys, sorry, immigrant gentlemen who are only trying to earn an honest(!) wage, who have been doing the rounds in our area. But then you'll end up paying someone else to put it right.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Couple years back got quotes of about £100-£200/sq m for brick/block paving (depending on choice of block), in my case a total of £8k. Ended up not choosing this as too expensive and settled for coloured concrete flags, but only £4k.

Reply to
Ian_m

I have had several quotes for 150sqm which includes removing approx 75sqm concrete and putting in a retaining wall and 3 manhole covers. All have come out around 8-10k inc vat. Location Devizes.

I am using these guys, work due to start next week.

Baz

That also included removal of existing paving slab, excavation and soil removal as well as slight lawn level re-arrangement so would be level with new patio.

Reply to
Ian_m

Hi Baz, thats really helpful ~ one of the better quotes I've had is by one of top paves approved installers ~ seems like the best choice so far

Thanks & ATB Mike

Reply to
I'm not crofter either