Best paint deal about?

In case anyone is looking for a good deal on paint...

A mate is doing a house refurb prior to letting, so he asked me to get some paint for him while I was shopping. I happened to be in Makro, and noticed they had some 'kin big tins on special offer. I managed to get a

20L bucket of emulsion for about 15 quid inc VAT. It is branded simply as "trade emulsion", but the manufacturers address gives it away as a Kalon product (aka Layland, Johnstones etc). Having seen it in action I can report it actually does the job very well.

(they were also flogging Johnstones branded tubs at approx £12/10L - still a good enough price but not quite as good as the big buckets).

Reply to
John Rumm

there's a paint manufacturers in Heckmondwike that let you walk in and pay cash even for small orders, they make paint for Wickes amongst others. I havent bought any from there in a while, but I remember when I did I was getting it at nearly a third of the price Wickes were selling it.

Reply to
Jay

The cheapest coloured paint freely available on shelves must be Wicke's trade stuff in the big 10 litre tubs for under a tenner.

I used some on two rooms about 5 years ago, it went on well and it still looks alright.

Reply to
RedOnRed

And now your stuck with 8.5 Litres. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hmmm, you may have a valid point there.

But even so, it was remarkably cheap colour paint - even if they do have the cheek to give you too much of it.

Reply to
RedOnRed