Baumatic cookers; any good?

I'm tempted by a Baumatic range cooker. More specifically the BT2760

will be an online job, so no chance of going to currys and fiddling with it first.

Any comments on Baumatic in general, and this particular cooker if anyone has it?

Thanks Neal

Reply to
Neal Jones

Oh wow !! Timing or what.

Baumatic hood arrived this morning - 5 weeks late. Packed up in a arbitary box with bits of polystyrene stuffed down the sides. Wrong manual. Wrong fixings. And it's obviously a reconned ex-demo unit.

Unfortunately I need it now for the BCOs upcoming inspection so I'm stuck with it.

But NEVER again.

Reply to
G&M

Well that sounds like your supplier rather than the manufacturer.

I would put the Baumatic range in the same league as Merloni i.e. Ariston & Hotpoint etc. Long term wear and tear may have more of an impact than on the more expensive alternatives, but I have been happy with one of their hoods and plan to get one of their ovens.

The package of BT2760SS/TKBP90/QF9SS is £889.00 at some places.

I hope this thread does not wander off into "I've got an ABC and they're much better" Enough already.

Reply to
Toby

We've had a lot of trouble with two Baumatic dishwashers, the second being a replacement under guarantee for the first. I've no real complaints about the level of service etc. but I'm not convinced that they're well engineered to start with.

Also the instruction manuals are awful, very disjointed and difficult to find anything you want to know.

Reply to
usenet

Baumatic QF6SS hood arrived yesterday. Very flimsy and cheap feel - but then it was one of the cheapest on the market (still £80 though for a few pieces of metal and a fan). Agree that instructions are awful; luckily you don't need many for a hood!

Reply to
rrh

We have a Baumatic oven (B904), hob, hood and dishwasher. They are all OK although the build quality is not brilliant and they all seem a little flimsy. But they all do their jobs and they were (and I assume still are) at the cheaper end of the price range for white goods - so I guess you get what you pay for - and is a Smeg, for example, going to cook the dinner any better?

My next oven will probably be a Baumatic again if the price is still right. My next dishwasher will probably not be Baumatic unless they have changed the design of the trays so that you can get large wine glasses in easily.

The cheapest place I found all of the Baumatic stuff was from our local Euronics centre.

Andy

Reply to
Andy P

I like Baumatic stuff. It's priced reasonably and from the stuff I have bought also well put together. Never bought a Baumatic hood but many are normally made by an Italian firm and then rebadged.

Reply to
StealthUK

Freakily yes there may be, this same model is sold by Comet as SCANDINOVA DF902 with a different style door. I have this one in a fairly matt black with stainless top which IMO is much better looking than the all stainless version shown on their website. I didn't realise they were the same cooker until looking at your link, it's £713 delivered so pretty much the same price as the BT2760.

I would buy it again.

Chris mentioned instructions, well they seem OK; there is not a lot to say in them for a cooker really, mainly best for dimensions and clearances. The download on their site is for the 2950 (same thing again it appears)

Reply to
Toby

No. Delivered direct from manufacturer to delivery agent. Supplier was just as surprised as I was.

Reply to
G&M

Thanks to all. In summary; you get what you pay for, you don't pay much, and that's what you get. On balance I think I'll go for it. Neal

Reply to
Neal Jones