Re: Baumatic Gas Leaks

Got quite a few Baumatic items over the years and never had a problem. Never had to deal with their service department so I can't comment. But I did have to deal with Stoves customer service over a dodgy extractor hood that had a bad reverberation and the engineer was useless. He simply held the case with his hand to reduce the noise and advised me to stick some packing between the hood and the side wall unit!

Reply to
StealthUK

Contrast the 4 unpaid hours our CORGI registered gas fitter spent trying to trace the leak, he was concerned for our safety and his CORGI registration, with Baumatic trying to blame our fitter without seeing the appliance and then telling me complaining further would be"wasting your time"

Trading Standards have noted an interest.

Appears to be a somewhat grey area and manufacturing appliances appears far less tightly regulated than fitting them.

Be fair to say that intend to find out and make sure Baumatic are far more acutely aware of their responsibilties.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby