Capping Nails - Am I missing something?

Is it just me or do they bend far far far easier than they go into the wall? Think I'm going to return to my initial method of using oval conduit held in place with PinkGrip !!!

Reply to
Mike Hall

They work ok on certain types of block, but absolutely no chance on most types of brick. If you're lucky you can aim for the mortar between the bricks, but this isn't always possible or, in the case of my house, the stuff is so soft the nail won't hold anyway.

Not that I use capping - I just run the wires "naked" held to the wall with as many cable clips as I can make stick :-/ Same problems there.

There are alternatives (mentioned by others) which usually involve drilling and then plugging with either a dowel or small rawlplug, but this sounds like just too much work for my liking :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove