Battery SDS

Snip.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Knowing and using the poor products.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well if Drivel hates them, that's good enough for me!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

But an SDS drill needs _less_ power.

Assuming the problem is "makes holes in bricks with a battery", then you've obviously got limitations that you're just going to have to live with. But you'll get further with SDS than without it.

My two corded "hammer" drills are plated at about 1hp and 2hp (sic). The SDS is the less powerful one, yet drills far better.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Bosch. About 4 or 5 of them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There you go. Proof enough.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is obvious, but he doesn't know that. sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well yes, because you insist on buying cheap crap from the bin ends.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bosch. Cor.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Bosch bin ends? I would like to throw them in the bin. Overpriced tat.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence. Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who have the mental clarity of geese.

Kindly snip your replies to the germaine, so that interested parties, not engaged in petty tribalism, can read the message appended to the otherwise long list of "which turkey posted what" gobblers; allowing those of us who wish to know better, to click quickly past such low melodrama.

I'm after a machine that I don't have to climb down several sets of ladders to replace a battery every half hour. Should the drill with the longest useful battery life fail to perform as intended it will go back to the supplier for a refund, no hastle.

Now, grow up, or shut up.

Perhaps I aught to ask for a link to a trade discussion?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

cough 4! both of you.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I'd gathered I was going to have to get something from the top. I dare say it will boil down to weight and price, I will have to look for something with 3 batteries.

It's just that with a 110, dragging a wire around modern scaffolding is a right pain.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I totally agree with you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Glad it's not just me you gets peed off with the constant bickering.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Same here. The know-it-all loonies just come out the woodwork.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What a fool. *Some* Bosch products have come out best of all in tests. DIY store s**te is usually just s**te.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I rate my second hand (and still going strong) Hitachi as a far better performer for both battery life and available power than my new Blue Bosch.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It might as an average, but I'm not convinced about the peak requirement to function properly.

Most bricks aren't a challenge.

Corded or cordless? And how many cordless drills are 'plated' at one or two HP?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)