Battery SDS

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Bosch or Makita

Reply to
Andy Hall

Long life or long charge?

Forget Bosch.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and have not been disappointed by my choice.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch, Makita, possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

Reply to
John Rumm

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know with any blue ones is very pleased with them.

Reply to
John Rumm

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems with every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5. Never again.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Blue ones? Which?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not being a DIYer is enough.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Both.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You're really on a hiding to nothing given the power an SDS drill needs. You're talking about something near 1 horsepower, so no practical battery is going to last long under those conditions. So just go for a well known quality brand and accept that it will need recharging regularly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So have you, in recommending cheap cordless tools that you say you seen used on building sites.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But you've recommended constantly cheap DIY store s**te.

I've got four Bosch power tools and they're fine. Not cordless, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Product?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I know you're not, but what relevance does this have to Bosch professional power tools?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, yes. We already know you're not a DIYer by your constant disasters when you try to do anything. You really should try and read and learn from this group.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Because it's better than Bosch. Boy are you dumb.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel