Interchangeability of RCDs

I remember having a conversation with a bod behind the counter in one electrical wholesaler who seemed totally convinced that MCBs from one maker would never fit another makers CU. Obviously nonsense, but the recent posting about the merits of different brands of consumer units got me thinking. It might be a useful resource for the group if we compile a list of what does fit what..

(are you listening Mr. FAQ maintainer?)

I have made the following (non exclusive) observations:

You can reliably install MK, Hager, and Contactum MCBs / switches / and RCDs into Hager, and Contactum CUs and enclosures.

Mem Memshield 2 MCBs would also likely fit the above except the release clip is on the output side (i.e. top) of the MCB and not the bottom. For this reason it would be less easy to fit other brands to a large memshield2 panel because the bus bar covers are not as quickly removable.

Other brands worth listing:

Wylex, Volex, GET ?

Any more?

Reply to
John Rumm

Wylex CUs like their own MCBs which in turn may have a problem in other makes' CUs.

Reply to
OldBill