Apple ipads (again)

Nutball, LAPTOPS WITH SSDs PISS ALL OVER i-pads. Get use to it nutter and now please f**k off, you stupid irritating fool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh f**k! And he doesn't know what a kernel is. Another nutball.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I know that information as I told you. I was in contact with some of them. UNIX was the rave at Helsinki and UNIX scripting languages they were heavily into.

"The high level stuff should indeed be seamless," Oh you are getting it. Wow!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Fool, you are slow. Once again, an i-pad is not a really portable device, about as portable as a laptop, so best at home and use a proper portable device which is a 7" tablet. So have the one at home a proper powerful computer. Now go away and think about that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Then prove it by linking to one. And you don;t seem to even understand that SSDs can;t make you're computer faster , what they do is reduce seek time and a little faster with access times, but the cheaper SSDs aren't that fast anyway. Even so laptops with SSDs are moslty more expensive than the ipad anyway.

Reply to
whisky-dave

So peolpe can;t think of an ipad as a protable device because they are as portable as laptoips which are brough for home use and not used as portable compters, you dom know why laptops came about don;t you ?.

Like laptops ? ;-)

Like an ipad mini you mean.

Like a desktop iMac which I have or a tower whcih I have 2 of.

Yes so you're now saying laptops aren;t portable is that it .

Reply to
whisky-dave

Heh, I know exactly what the kernel is. I'm intrigued to know how you get into it.

Still, you've helped me get through a presentation I wasn't interested in.

Ironically, although I'm at Microsoft today, I've seen more macbooks and ipads than windows boxes :-) Be interesting to see how many win 8 tabs are around...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Yes, no one is claiming they don't. Except for price. Or weight. Or battery life.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

faster , what they do is reduce seek time and a little faster with access times, but the cheaper SSDs aren't that fast anyway.

He can't link to one because there isn't one, and never will be. iPads and other tablets have less storage than laptops, at least that's what I've noticed. The few that have any useful amount of storage for my usage patterns on board are ludicrously expensive.

Tablets (including iPads) and laptops are aimed at totally different usage patterns, so any comparison is like saying my orange is better than your pear.

I'd prefer watching a movie or listening to music on an iPad, but I prefer a laptop for using e-mail and other work.

Reply to
John Williamson

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

Brain-dead for sure.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I don't have to prove anything to a nutter.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This nutball is at it again.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The original Kernel was written with some machine code and originally assembler, the "C" was developed just to write the OS, which was also used to write programs. The original editor was VI. You can add to the kernel, and recompile it. You can have many kernels to do different tasks. Never knew that did you?

Then there is the UNIX that deals with multi-processors and swops processes around the CPUs and into and out of memory. Gets more complex. I worked with the first version of AIX that did this.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The nutballs are.

Price? Less. Battery life and weight mean nothing as it will be on a desk most of the time. Catch up boy!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Another nutball !!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So, the backpedalling begins.

Reply to
Huge

I can't be bothered to reply to that. I will point that that I am well aware of what vi is - I'm using it to type this reply (and no, it's not vim).

Again, yes, well aware of how UNIX deals with multiproc boxes. This reply is being typed on a quad CPU SPARC box, running Solaris (that's UNIX incase you weren't aware, and tends to do ok at scaling).

Anyway, enough of this. Conference finished for the day, I've better things to be doing (pub time :-))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

En el artículo , John Williamson escribió:

It would also explain why he didn't know that GNU (as in GNU/Linux) stands for "GNU's not UNIX".

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , John Williamson escribió:

no shit Sherlock.

(not aimed at you, John, it's aimed at Drivel, who is in my killfile so I never see his posts except when quoted)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , whisky-dave escribió:

Plenty out today. Executive summary: the Nexus is a little faster but the iPad mini is more reliable, nicer to use and has more apps available.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson