Subject Author Posted Replies

Eco wankers gone mad in Barnsley
I was taken on a tour of several village halls a few years ago to look at their ideas for energy efficiency improvements. One had a wind turbine but regretted choosing that over solar panels because...
20
20

Woocworm
i have black ash wall unit i have notice 3 hole in it could it be woodworm
6
6

What's this fibrous stuff? (pic)
does that look like? FWIW it seems to be collecting in a rattan blind so presumably coming in from outside. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-JyjZTWQoPRZIVEzA7lArOViXINqsHNN...
9
9

Re: The Coward Barnier
He?s not even trying to deliver; everything he?s done in the last 48 hours underlines that he?s going for a snap election before Christmas. He?s setting up for the EU and Parliament to reject whatever...
52
52

OT: Our Joan's tingle
An elderly friend rang me. He never introduces himself on the phone, or asks if it's convenient, or begins with small talk. He just starts to tell his tale. He speaks on the phone as if he's...
3
3

Notre-Dame
Over-complex fire alarm system delayed them finding where the fire actually was by half an hour ... <> https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/16/world/europe/notre-dame.html
1
1

OT: Boris cant bring chlorinated chicken to his dimwits
Oh dear, how sad. Brexit goes the way of everything Boris has handled, bluster and lies followed by the dwindling fizzle of a damp squib At least the British people have a true representative at last....
2
2

Re: Call me scrooge
It;s a scam. You pay say £0.50 extra. The producer gets maybe £0.05 extra, The charity pockets the difference.

OT: Weather
Thunderstorms now here near Canterbury. Lets hope we don't get another near-strike that blows up the router (again).
14
14

OT More cultural enrichment
Must have grieved the BBC to report this one. details can be found elsewhere. A definite candidate for a hanging. Restrictions over identifying Viktorija Sokolova's killer are lifted after a press...
4
4

I LOVE THERMAL MASS
Outside: 36°C Inside: 28°C :-)
38
38

Leeds area CH installers - name check please
Anyone know of Clifford Heating, and Horsforth Heating? Asking for a friend. :-) Cheers Dave R

Google/Nest thermostats - thoughts?
Just wondering if anyone has a positive experience of this. Cheers Dave R
6
6

Boxt central heating install - anyone used them?
<>My first instinct is to run away. Looks like national double glazing firms which use contract installers then use a professional team to fix the bodges if you complain loudly enough. However they...
5
5

Shower heads?
I have a shower head with a small (designed) hole in the "handle". It has become clogged and I would love to replace it but cannot locate it on the web. I bought one of the heads with stones in the...
19
19