600W 2-stroke generator

Part fill the tank with new petrol & when the engine' s hot, put the old fuel into the tank in small amounts. Petrol is best stored in a sealed container & then put in machine when needed.

Reply to
harry

A shot or two? No. A similar proportion? Probably...

Most 2cvs are fairly borderline on 95RON, tbf - a car that'll run fine on UK 95 tends to pink and run-on badly on 95 in France, even though the fuel should - theoretically... - be exactly the same. Fortunately, the difference to 98 is smaller over there.

Reply to
Adrian

Ok.

It's funny, I would have thought something I see as simple (probably naively) as a 2CV (engine) would run on pretty well anything?

A long time ago ... a young lady I knew was offered a new car of her choice by a rich Arab (she was a 'Bunny' at the time). He asked her what she would like and the only car she could think of that she had 'liked' was a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. Nothing more was said but a few months later she got a call to say it was waiting for her at some docks. When she collected it she asked the guy what sort of fuel she should put in it and they guy said 'it'll burn pretty well anything'. ;-)

I'm guessing there is a big difference between a (lazy?) ~5l and (highly strung?) ~.5l engine in that regard?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Having seen the burnt legs of somebody who came bloody close to need a skin graft after trying to get a barbecue going with petrol - I really can't recommend it. He did *not* pour the petrol on the BBQ, he some charcoal lumps in a bucket and poured some petrol on those (some way from the recalcitrant fire). The trouble was that the fumes flowed out of the bucket to the fire, ... and then caught fire - all the way back to the bucket.

Really - don't do it!

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Happened to me. SynSkin all over my face for a week

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've burned petrol without any such drama. Pouring it into the (not empty) ash bucket seems to work pretty well - it burned fairly calmly. Obviously there's no opportunity for fume flowing in that case, because any fumes will be burning instantly.

OTOH I didn't try to burn too much at once. If I was trying to shift a few litres I'd probably try a bit and see how it behaved before trying incrementally larger volumes. And keep the cap on the stuff I'm not trying to burn :-)

Reply to
Clive George

All down to timing and compression, as any other engine.

Same specific power output as a 120bhp 2.0 - on carbs and points.

Reply to
Adrian