Subject Author Posted Replies

Adjust track in cast iron sander top
I bought a mitre fence to use in the track in the cast iron top to a belt s ander. The track in the cast iron is fractionally too narrow (less than 1mm ) I'm looking for an easy way to widen the track...

Lidl Parkside Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner £ 59.99
I now need a suction device primarily for use with power tools but also general garage-type crap. As of Sunday 19/07/2020, Lidl are offering a Parkside Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner. I don't know if they...
2
2

Network oddity ?
Smart TV, connected via no name router and powerline adapter to main network. Happily sees DLNA server and streams media from there as well as internet (iPlayer, YouTube etc). Router blows. I dig...
30
30

Everything you don't DIY!
Some jobs are beyond your own scope, but don't you wish you'd kept a better eye on the process? Had rear access stairs fitted at the shop. Due to the height there needed to be a platform some way up...
7
7

Fixing SW t&g flooring
This is my shed, a smart, habitable shed but still a shed. Having secured my 2x1 battens to the concrete floor I am going to lay sw/whitewood unfinished ex 6x1 t&g boards to make a permanent floor. I...
10
10

Couple of observations
Way back in the mists of time, I had a wolf Drill. Ran on the mains and was not exactly the most powerful drill, no bells and whistles. However when things did go wrong, the construction was so simple...
10
10

More DIY Physics
1
1

Angle grinding!
Any reportable experience of slotting aged coarse tarmac with an angle grinder? Probably 50mm or so thick on hardcore. I want to let in some sloping concrete edging blocks to retain loose crushed...
6
6

DIY physics (thus, on topic)
I think Rutherford would have liked this:
10
10

Lead valley repair with flashband
After the rain last week, a piece of soffit fell off, and on inspection the lead valley appears to be leaking. No damage that I can find to actual str uctural timber, just the piece of wood that the...
2
2

[Southgate] Getting publicity for Amateur Radio
Certainly a better boost for the hobby?s profile than this publicity: Amateur radio enthusiast Gareth Evans has been given a three-year conditional discharge after he emailed a school to say one of...
14
14

Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine started coughing, spluttering and backfiring, and stalling on the slightest load
Is this a dry cough?
18
18

OT: Anyone use Google Home smart speakers to listen to radio on a group of speakers
I use 4 Google Home speakers in different rooms to listen to Radio 4. I have the speakers linked via the app in a group called Home. I was used to saying "OK Google, play BBC Radio 4 on Home group"...
6
6

When importing text into Facebook it ignores paragraph breaks
When importing text into Facebook it ignores paragraph breaks. Does anyone have a solution, other than missing a line? Bill
3
3

OT: Is it just me or are people getting thicker?
Ah, yes not a new problem I think, its only been shown up due to the increased demand. The people you speak to cannot change the way the we site decides, and the errors are not so obvious when its not...
14
14