Subject Author Posted Replies

Another FreeSat query
If there are Sky broadcasts which are free to air, how do I get my Humax box to tune to them?
11
11

Christmas cards for sale.
Not old stock but new stock now on sale in a shop on a new display stand. A bit early IMHO.
21
21

Air vent.
Do you think this sort of thing: suitable for vents in the gable ends of my new workshop? Two on the outside of each end, about 2300mm off the ground, the rest of the gable end being covered in timber...
8
8

Stan and Ollie erect an aerial, TogetherTv Saturday 09:00 AM
One for William, 9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try to erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably hilarious consequences. Andrew
7
7

Coal fired power stations - we love you really
Looks like some of the remaining coal fired power stations are being warmed up to support the grid in response to little wind, high gas prices and a fire shutting down one of the French interconnects....
44
44

Which colour sealant would you use?
I have this worktop and matching splashback, It's been in now over a year so i'm tinging of sealing it :) 't decide what colour... I'm leaning towards black. Opinions appreciated.
8
8

Another foolish scammer
My landline logged a call from a local number on Monday. As I sometimes do, I rang the number back on Tuesday, but from my mobile phone, but the voice message suggested they were busy. They obviously...
8
8

Thunderbird problem with mail forwarding
On one of my email accounts I have set email from one specific address to be forwarded to another account. Both accounts are on my domain and hosted by A&A. Emails are not being forwarded for several...
11
11

Earthing a metal backbox
In my house I have a few metal backboxes used for light switches that don't have an earth terminal. Is there a best and approved way of making an earth connection without having to replace the box...
11
11

OT power suppliers going bust
Utility Point has collapsed today, following PFP Energy and MoneyPlus Energy. It seems that with the price of power, particularly electricity, increasing rapidly they can't get the money in quickly...
57
57

Toolstation
Has anyone else had probelms logging in to Toolstation? I used them ages ago and forgot my password so requested a change. After many emails between us I still can't get logged on, When I use the...
12
12

Freesat query
I know nothing of Freesat. A house we're buying has a dish, and in one room there are two coax cables appearing through the wall with those nasty cheap coax connectors which use the inner wire as a...
65
65

Racking toolboxes
My high-grade tool storage solution, being the cartons from Lidl's finest nuts, has met its end. So I'm in the market for a replacement series of toolboxes. The Lidl cardboard gives me an idea for the...
6
6

Landline conversion to digital
My landline operator has advised me that they will soon converting my line to digital and i will need to plug my home phone into the broadband router. As i have several phone outlet points around the...
191
191

Wildlife Pond
I am considering replacing my existing water feature, a drilled slate monolith on a pebble pool <>with a wildlife pond, probably around 1 m x 2 m and about 600 cm deep in the middle. Reading up, it...
11
11