Thunderbird problem with mail forwarding

On one of my email accounts I have set email from one specific address to be forwarded to another account. Both accounts are on my domain and hosted by A&A. Emails are not being forwarded for several hours and then come in batches.

Filter is set as: If From is snipped-for-privacy@xxx.zzz Forward to snipped-for-privacy@ccccc.co.uk

Any idea what the problem might be?

Iain

Reply to
Iain

Why not ask A&A?

Its nothing to to with thunderbird, is it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have asked A&A and am awaiting their reply.

Reply to
Iain

Grab the header of one of the delayed emails (CTRL + U), and paste it in here:

That will show in exactly which stage the delay is being introduced, in a much more readable form than trying to unpick the header yourself/

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John, just tried that but it shows only a one second delay. Looking at the original email it was received by first mailbox at

16:21:33 on 13th but not received by the other mailbox until 12:47:23 on the 14th. Thunderbird is set to forward immediately. I've raised a ticket with A&A but still waiting to hear from them.

Iain

Reply to
Iain

How did you manage that. Thunderbird is not a mail transfer agent...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TB message filters can be set to run after fetching emails and do include an action to forward an email to an arbitrary address.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have latest version and I cant see that option....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Andy Burns wrote:

Do you mean on a different machine? You appear to be sending using v60.6.x and the latest is v91.1.x (though many people will still be on v78.14.x)

It only shows up for actions of filters in an email account, not a usenet account.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you find "message filters"

Create a new filter, set the first rule to "from" contains and the address you want to forward. Set the action to "Forward Message to", and give it a destination address.

Set it so that it runs every time you get mail, and away you go.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, not sure its Tbird. I often find list mail for example arrives in batches, often in the incorrect date or time order, which makes replying to a thread look like you are an idiot if you repeat a reply that somebody else did before you but did not arrive till later on. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Again, how often does it poll for mail or send it? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa