Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT carbon footprint
A courier suggests "Help to reduce the carbon footprint of your parcel by up to 90%* By diverting your parcel to a ParcelShop or locker" Isn't this somewhat negated by the customer having to travel to...
68
68

It alwaysd happens on a weekend
My wife dropped her car key in the boot of her 2006 VW Polo before slamming the lid closed. We moved not long ago and cannot locate her spare key, nor mine for that matter. Anyone know if you can get...
24
24

LED cabinet lights, can't make them work with timeswitch
I've got a set of three LED light panels designed to go under cabinets etc from Costco three panels are connected together by wires and the first panel (that's connected to the mains adaptor) has on...
9
9

Excel Experts
Trying to create a simple table using Excel [1] where the first line of data is Row 1 but, with column headings, the data always starts in Row 2. I can 'freeze' the heading row so that it remains...
14
14

Reading Lights
Does anyone have any opinion on 'reading lights' - like this: there something special about the bulb or lens, or are they just overpriced fashion items? I actually wouldn't mind a decent light for...
31
31

OT: help needing in getting help to cope with a mentally ill person
I thought this would be a good place to ask because there's a wide range of expertise here. It's also urgent. I have a friend who is in severe difficulty. She has coped reasonably well with her...
103
103

TOT - bags for life or "bags for life"?
The alleged deal was that if you bought the expensive and strong bag, then the store would replace it when it wore out and recycle the old one. Forever. Bag for life. Recently stores stopped providing...
21
21

That black plastic buffer material on the side of boats?
I have water leaking in under my garage door. I want to put a rectangular section strip of plastic buffer material on the floor across the whole opening. Stuff like that suggested in the subject line...
35
35

OT: PAYG SIM cards
My main SIM (I have a dual-SIM phone) is on a contract and uses the Vodafone network; I want to get a second (back-up) PAYG SIM for emergency use on those occasions when I'm out of Vodafone coverage....
24
24

TOT: edicashon
I always thought my education was largely a waste of time, but then social media came along. Now I know that school gave me and many of my age group some massive advantages over a lot of other people....
79
79

Electrical Standards for wall light fittings (if any)
Power sockets adhere to industry-wide standards and have done for decades. No matter what make of socket you buy, provided the back box has the correct depth, then the socket will fit. (spacing...
6
6

SOT:SWMBO wheelchair
A Kuschall. Return spring on right brake is broken. Left castor starting to seize. Both jobs need new parts from abroad (because we don't make anything in the UK). No expected delivery date at all.
38
38

boiler key stuck
BG engineer snapped the key in a half lock unlock position and now it is stuck and I cannot get it out

Royal Mail vs Post Office
I have just used a Royal Mail App to calculate the postage for a small parcel. But rather than buying the postage online I stuck postage stamps to that value (£3.00) on the parcel. I now fear that it...
6
6

Trapped in an underground car park
The roller shutter doors had a bit of a malfunction what tool did I use to get the van out the car park? And the maintainance bloke for the site asked "Can you bent the metal back and reattach the...
24
24