£1bn environmental stealth tax

"Retailers are "surprised and dismayed" after a £1bn environmental stealth tax was revealed in the Comprehensive Sending Review yesterday.

It has emerged that money put into the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) scheme by participating business will not now be recycled back to those companies with good environmental performances, but will instead be returned to the Government."

'm not at all surprised.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Makes you wonder how many more spikes are hidden under the carpet for unsuspecting feet.

Reply to
Ericp

What did the idiots expect when voted for the 'clone of Maggie" and power hungry 'Cleggie'?

Whatever it was, many of them certainlt had a surprise - some people never learn!

And before The Meddling Half-wit sticks his oar in, I was there in the last lot of Thatcher's shit.

Reply to
Unbeliever

There was only shit then because of the previous lot of Labour incompetents and the f***ing unions. There's only shit this time because of the previous Labour lot of incompetents - as always. Remember "Lord" Prescott saying in '99 or so that "If we can't get the trains to run on time we're not much of a Government"? Well - that's about the only thing he was right about.

And if we go down the French route as touted by the insane Bob Crow, there'll be a lot more shit.

Reply to
Tim Streater

To get elected. Same as Bliar promised to match Tory spending plans for the first two years before 1997.

Although I have to say I don't know why it took them *quite* so long to change their minds.

Reply to
Tim Streater

because the damage then was done, and the first thing to do was to

But no action to prevent the banks from causing another one. Seems people have short memories.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"If Labour's spending was so wildly out of control, why did the Tories promise to match their plans, pound for pound, all the way until November 2008? Why didn't Osborne and Cameron howl in protest at the time?"

Because history has shown that if you don't make that promise you don't get elected

tim

Reply to
tim....

Easy to blame your failure in life on someone else isn't it?

Still, never mind, you eventually made 'foreman'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman