PGO TAX BGC Payment in

I'm trying to sort out Probate for an Estate, a couple of lines in a bank statement say PGO TAX00000.00, BGC, then and amount into the account. BGC is Bank Giro Credit. What might that PGO TAX be please?
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
On 11/09/2015 18:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Long ago, when I was a Civil Servant and before everything was contracted out to commercial firms, pensions and some other payments came from the Paymaster General's Office, usually abbreviated to PGO. If the deceased was a government employee of some sort, then perhaps this abbreviation refers to that?
John M
John Miller wrote :

That fits, so it is a pension then. Thanks!
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Glad you've sorted it, but I am bemused why you spend time asking here when Google would have had the answer in seconds. I know this because I was intrigued, so did the search myself.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 11/09/2015 18:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I am led to believe, its Paymaster General's Office - usually related to civil service or armed forces pensions, or certain types of benefit such as incapacity benefit.
--
Cheers,

John.
John Rumm explained :

I think I have solved it...
PGO, or OPG as it is now known, pay NHS Trust Pensions. She worked for the NHS, so it will be that pension payment and it is still paying out. My next trick is to work out how to stop it.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Send them a copy of the Death Certificate, together with a cover letter stating her NI number & any other reference number they have for her.
--
Sam