Stealth fine !

Shortly before Christmas I received a letter from the magistrates court asking me to get in touch re unpaid fine from 12/09/01 - upon enquiries it transpires that the DVLA requested I verify who was responsible for a vehicle upon a certain date, stating that I was the registed keeper of said vehicle at that time - I have no recollection of having seen this request, if I had I could have supplied the relevent info .. Also it transpires a Summons had been issued, and I have been taken to court and fined £195 for not supplying this info .. all this without any of my knowledge ! .. where do I stand in all this ? .. if a summons is issued to appear at court on a certain day, does the summons have to be sent by recorded or registered delivery ? . or do they just hope you get the letter ? It appears you can now be fined by stealth ! .. makes you wonder how many more enfarctions are waiting for me in the pipeline !

B.fuddled.

Reply to
B.Fuddled

oops wrong group - sorry !

Reply to
B.Fuddled

Did you have the correct address with the DVLA? If not then that might explain why you didn't get any of the forms. If this is the case, then keep quiet and pay up as I believe the fine for not keeping them up to date with your address is £1000.

Just a thought, Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds