Subject Author Posted Replies

600x600 Paving slabs
I need to match some 28 year old paving slabs but haven't been able to find anything - can the assembled masses help? The slabs are boring standard 600x600 but have a slight curved "quadrant" profile...
3
3

CO2 and the answer to fossil fuels and power stations
Shove the waste back to where the power came from. Plans to carry power station carbon dioxide across Yorkshire to the North Sea in a 46-mile (75km) pipeline go out to public consultation....
16
16

Altering a roof truss
I am having trouble getting a loft ladder because the spacing between the r oof trusses is non -standard. The gap between the two trusses I want to pla ce the ladder is 53cm and the nearest fit I can...
6
6

Bit Off Topic Mouth Acid
Looks like the latest scientific information coming from dentists is that if you brush your teeth straight away after a meal, especially a sugary dessert; you are simply brushing the sugar and acid...
12
12

Braun Shaver Battery
I have an old Braun "Linear Universal 5 266" rechargeable shaver. Some years ago I replaved th ebattery with a NiCad and reckon it is time I did it again. The last time I clumsily soldered in a...
13
13

Following on from the boiler thread ...
And people here whinge about FIT. That lot would never be viable if started today. Note all the grants and subsidies. That really is a bollix scheme. Going back to ancient technology. Stuff like that...
58
58

Monitoring pH levels... how ?
HI Folks Or domestic water supply is from a private borehole. To reach the borehole, the water's percolated through a peat-laden Irish hillside - so it naturally pretty acidic. Untreated, it attacks...
89
89

OT: Using Talk Talk HG523a as a Wireless Bridge
Hi All, I've been struggling to set up the router that Talk Talk have supplied me with as a bridge - anyone got any tips or experience of doing this? Thanks
3
3

Thread Sealant for Compressor Fittings?
Hi - Recommendations please for an air-tight seal when replacing the 4-way valve/switch assembly on my ratty old WolfAir compressor? Three joints are brass to alloy, and the main stem from the tank is...
11
11

Thermal spraying gun, info needed please.
Hello, We are clearing out my late grandads house and have found 2 of these guns. They have no makers markings on them. All I know is they were used with the (i believe) aluminum rods shown. I'd...
12
12

Washing machine filter?
I tried to remove the filter on my washing machine to get cat hairs out of it, as it's spitting them back onto the clothes, but undoing the small (2 inches across) cap behind the flap at the bottom...
16
16

TOT: the philistines at the BBC
The Sunday Hour is a programme of Christian hymns. Some time ago the BBC moved it to 6am, such is their contempt for our traditional culture. The programme isn't about religion, it's about music....
56
56

Stability of 240v supply under FIT tarrif?
Sigh As I said earlier I further note from the above that it can result from defective/useless digitalised equipment and so be entirely spurious. Ie not exist at all. A lot of digitalised...
131
131

OT; starting a blog.
How does one go about it?
10
10

new/replacement roof - anyone with experience integral pv roof tiles?
My south facing tiled bungalow roof needs refurbishment. Does anyone have experience of integral solar pv tiles installed on the sunny side of the roof? One example of the style under consideration is...
3
3