Subject Author Posted Replies

Connecting a rainwater diverter to a butt
Having recently done this I found,after a lot of rain that the butt fills too high. This means buying a new length of pipe to lower the diverter. To make sure I got it right this time I thought I...
14
14

OT: Anyone in the Rotherham area? In need of a huge favour...
... in particular the Rawmarsh area. Needing to urgently get in touch with someone in the area, and the phone/mobile/email that I have for them don't seem to work. Was wondering if someone lives...
3
3

fuel feed pipe for garden blower/vac
Now's the time to sort out the blower for the leaves and (possibly) winter snow ... and I find that the fuel feed pipe has somehow become detached and is lying in the bottom of the fuel tank. Feed...
2
2

How interesting...
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start. One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as...
25
25

how to copy a victorian ceiling mounding
Can anyone advise me please? I want to soundproof an alcove in our victorian terraced house; next door have removed a chimney breast and installed a piano against the party wall. For sound proofing...
20
20

Improve design of portable bidet, how?
I bought one of these in July while suffering from extended bouts of the trots with Norovirus: Or: It is actually a brilliant little device for when your botty is red raw from frequent visits to the...
39
39

How can a wrongly addressed email get delivered?
My correct email address ends yet I received one last week which ended in
6
6

OT Why Hydrogen Cylinders in Church Tower?
I visited a small village church last weekend and saw some hydrogen cylinde rs in the church at the bottom of the bell tower - any ideas what they coul d be for? They were definitely hydrogen, about 6...
33
33

Telephone points - secondary or master
What would happen if you fitted master sockets instead of secondary sockets after the BT master socket?
8
8

Turbines to go ...
We'll have to see whether it actually happens!
8
8

OT Cars - Dual Mass Flywheel & clutch problems...
Lots of woe on the web about DMFs failing and manufacturers squirming out o f their "obligations" to recall/admit&repair etc etc So Q - are automatic/DSG/etc versions of afflicted manual models any...
7
7

Renewables ~= nukes?
This came round on my facebook feed this morning: """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" 15.5% of U.K. electricity made from renewables during a 3 month period! That's a...
5
5

OT LFB warn people to start using "common sense"
"Fifty Shades of Grey effect" has also seen 79 'victims' freed from handcuffs after sex games went wrong
30
30

Patio on clay - whack it or not?
Hi all, I want to put in a 5m x 3m natural stone patio on an area I levelled a few months ago. It will on a very heavy clay soil. When I levelled it originall y I hand-tamped it, and it has been...
7
7

Garmin Satnavs
I have been toying with the idea of finally getting a 5" modern car satnav but am finding it a bit tricky distinguishing between the specs. In particular I can't spot from the published data what...
45
45