Subject Author Posted Replies

DECT to POTS
Does such a thing exist? The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c). I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the VOIP/DECT base station.
6
6

Recommendations wanted for jigsaw guide
For years I have cut sheet stock (MDF etc) using a Workmate, numerous clamps, a straightedge and my trusty AEG jigsaw. Needless to say, this takes a while to set up. What I need, and possibly can...
15
15

Kitchen extractor fan for over gas or electric hob ?
Over where the oven will be in the bungalow is a wall vent. I'm upgrading the kitchen with either a gas or electric hob- gas is more popular but makes more water vapour. Its to be rented out for a few...
8
8

Re: OT English justicw ubder threat. (European arrest warrent.)
You are unbelievably stupid and idle. Or senile. Those of you aware of the UK's constitutional history, Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights, and Habeas Corpus, may think that your basic freedoms are...
12
12

Help Worcester greenstar ri boiler seems dead as a dodo
Came home and noticed no hot water and house cold. The boiler has no pilot light on and I can't seem to make it work Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
5
5

Wickes timber
Sorry if someone else has already pointed this out but if they have, I haven't spotted it. My local Wickes has piles of half-price timber around the place. When I asked the blokey, he said they are...
22
22

Multi meter ?
I think its about time I stopped using one of those screwdrivers that light up to show a live wire and get myself a multimeter. I do very little when it comes to electrical work unless pretty basic...
111
111

wiring puzzle
Hi All Hope I'm not the only one whose mind goes blank looking at wiring diagrams. Took the old plastic bathroom ceiling light down but, on yanking the wiring through the lath and plaster, ended up...
16
16

Leather glue
Been fixing some splits on leather seats using a kit. Basically, you glue a fabric patch across the back of the split, and then fill the crack on the surface. The supplied glue looks and smells like...
8
8

how do I get hot water on a danesmoor wm 12/19
I have a Worcester danesmoor wm 12/19 , when you put it on to hot water it only makes it warm and takes ages any ideas thank you
3
3

Doors - finally...
The Great House Renovation plods on... Now we're getting doors: The real reason for sharing this is the interesting idea I used to make shagged old door frames look nice. I also add a disclaimer here...
3
3

Useless HomeHub
Yesterday I was installing a pre loved upgraded computer at a friends house. He has a BT HomeHub thing. I think it is anyway. I got applingly unrelaible netork activity. On inspection I discovered...
19
19

findmypast - free access weekend
Free and they don't insist on your cc details. Always intended to delve into my past, because I knew nowt, or remembered not much. Back in those days it was very confusing too, because everyone had to...
32
32

OT Acorn Users
My partner has about ten to twenty RISCOS format 3.5" floppies with some files she wishes to recover. The files are probably in Artworks format. Is there anyone in travelling distance of M40, South...
7
7

Replacememt for Sangamo 410 CH programmer
Hello, I have an old-style Y-plan system; HW and CH can run independently from each other. I would like to replace my Sangamo 410 CH programmer with a 7-day one, like this: Is this a straighforward...
6
6