Help Worcester greenstar ri boiler seems dead as a dodo

Came home and noticed no hot water and house cold. The boiler has no pilot light on and I can't seem to make it work Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
Kitty

Some simple things for you to try if you haven't already done so:

I assume it's plugged into a nearby electrical socket for mains power. Is that socket live, or has something tripped, back up the line? Test the socket by plugging in something like a table lamp, portable radio etc to see if the socket is OK.

Has someone inadvertently switched the boiler off at the socket?

Has the fuse in the plug blown? Test it by removing it and putting it into the plug of another item such as a table lamp etc. If that works, then the fuse was OK. Put the fuse back in the boiler plug. Don't simply replace the fuse in the boiler plug, because if there's a fault in the boiler, the replacement fuse will just blow and the boiler will still appear dead, and you'll be none the wiser and one blown fuse worse off.

Have you tried resetting the boiler? See page 8 on the manual under 'Fault Condition':

. Turn the thermostat knob on the front of the boiler fully anticlockwise, and then back to its normal position. Apparently this has to be done after a mains electricity failure, for example if the mains was temporarily switched off by the supply company.

If it still doesn't work, others more expert than I may be able to offer advice, but it may be time to phone for assistance.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

message

appreciated!

flashnewsgroups

Don't know that model, but my Worcester has a button right on the top, which solved the problem when the engineer I called out showed me.

Reply to
Jim S

ISWYM! Looks like most on this NG are aware of it except me! LOL. I'll know better next time.

Looking at the headers, I think it's likely that Kitty and Ross.g are one and the same.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Hi The is for your replies. I tried what was suggested and have got a man out at the mo so hoping it will be resolved soon! Tha ks for advice and sorry have no idea who Ross is!

Reply to
Kitty

A Worcester Greenstar boiler has no pilot light so it might be working correctly

Have you tried putting money in the meter?

Mains failure?

Fuse failure?

Water leak?

Gas turned off?