Subject Author Posted Replies

AA/AAA - Dead ones bounce
I thought a late April fools joke, but no it is not... If you drop a cell onto a hard resilient surface, it will or will not bounce. A dead one bounces, a good one does not due to its changed internal...
3
3

That IKEA SDS drill ...
I don't remember anyone actually buying one and reporting back, so here's a redneck tear-down ...
3
3

What a place to work
Let's start off with the important stuff - I wanted a brew as I had just driven for 2 1/2 hours. Once WE had signed in (that is myself and an apprentice) watched the induction video, shown and signed...
32
32

OT Advice requested about disposal of Amateur radio gear
This is not an ad* so please bear with me and the usual reasons for the OT posting here, being that it's one of the few groups I know of with sensible people still populating it. Following untimely...
12
12

DAB and FM combi aerial
Has anyone had any experience of using these combined FM and DAB aerials by Antiference? Any good? Antiference is a leading TV reception & media distribution manufacturing company
15
15

Re: How unlock my fb account
Not by sending blank messages I suspect. Brian

OT; Customers....
Message left on Sunday morning. "My kitchen taps need new washers, can you come around and give me an estimate".
28
28

OT Cost of French nuclear industry.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/11/us-france-nuclear-areva-idUSKBN0M71AB20150311

OT; Is it taxed?
Saying to Mrs Handyman only today that, with the new 'disc less' road tax system, if you see a car parked up you wouldn't know if it were taxed or not. But you can find out;
45
45

Best way to trace wiring
I will soon be refurbishing shower room. First thing I want to do is replace the lights, currently 4 x halogen spots but will replace with a central mounted LED fitting. The light switch is located...
8
8

Electrical safety mats in workshops
Hi all, Does anyone use these in their outside workshops when operating items like lathes etc? They should provide a bit of extra protection in the event the equipment becomes live and there's too...
42
42

OT Robots.
Truely astonishing stuff. A bit creepy in fact. I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.
19
19

OT: On-line Driving Licence Renewal
Apologies for the OT - should really post to but that's been taken over by idiots and I know that there are a few of us here who are of an age where we have to renew our licences every 3 years! I've...
37
37

Alluminium clamp.
I need to clamp a cylindrical object to a flat surface. Diameter is approx 47mm - but I'd be using a rubber strip between them. Obviously, I could make up some steel straps easily enough - but...
17
17

Oh dear. Natural nuclear power responsible for half of all global warmth.
Jolly good thing some of those isotopes last millions of years or we would be in a permanent ice age I wonder if we should try and stop it - after all we have no idea what god's plans are to...
25
25