AA/AAA - Dead ones bounce

I thought a late April fools joke, but no it is not...

If you drop a cell onto a hard resilient surface, it will or will not bounce. A dead one bounces, a good one does not due to its changed internal chemistry.

Harry Bloomfield

cf. spinning eggs to see if they're boiled or not ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

That is total rubbish, everyone knows the test is to lick the contact. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No, you have to lick both contacts, difficult when they are at opposite ends of the battery , as you need a camal tongue, not a camel toe.

I also believe you can use this system on CU boxes for DIY rather than buy an expensive fluke meter ;-)

Yep I'm hoping I can make this joke here, wouldn't do it at work, students might not realise :-) Somepone could suggest this to their apprentices, if they pissed them off. :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave