Subject Author Posted Replies

Hedge Trimmer - Greasing
I have a Black and Decker GT220 Hedge Trimmer - been used every year for some time - but not had any attention. I took an inspection plate off - and it was full of bits of leaf, general debris as well...
6
6

Weed & Feed & Moss Killer
Anyone got any recommendations for lawn weed, feed and moss killer? I've used Evergreen in the past but always seem to end up with burnt patches (probably me being clumsy). Are Verve or Westland (from...
27
27

Approximate cost of building a garden wall?
Can anyone give me a guide/guesstimate sort of price for building a brick garden wall please. It's around 20 metres long and 2 metres high (or was until it fell over). The fallen bricks etc. have been...
2
2

Fixing shelf in fridge
I am looking at the possibility of mounting an additional shelf in our fridge as the existing mounting points have really inconvenient spacings. The plan is to make suitable sized mounting lugs/rails...
16
16

Levelling a shed base
We're having a largish shed built at our golf club to store our golf buggie s (3 of them). The base is concrete, 8.6m x 2.0m. Unfortunately the concrete base is not level (I won't bore you with the...
5
5

Short IEC right angle cordset
any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :- 1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other. Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W....
55
55

Room-in-roof - guinea pig?
I have just had my free attic insulation installed. Initially they said it couldn't be done because there is not room to get the insulation panels behind the sloping section. However they returned...

Gold Dore Bars for Sale
For and on behalf of the Board of Directors of Metkob Miners Co. Ltd. and t he local mining community I hereby make this offer of Gold Dore Bars for sa le Commodity: Gold Dore Bar Form: Dore bars....
5
5

installing upvc high security lock
Good morning, I have bought some Mila high security handles but I am unable to fit them to my upvc locks use m6 bolts. The bolt will pass through one of the holes in the door, but the other hole is...
2
2

hammerite paints
Good morning, I have just moved house and I have a metal gate with some light surface rust. I was wondering about painting it but I thought I remembered some comments here that Hammerite isn't what it...
4
4

A huge electric bill in prospect?
Hi all, A pal of mine is hosting one of the TT Zero teams for this year's competition. This is a race for the newish category of zero-emission electric bikes. They're developing very rapidly currently...
42
42

OT: spmething to consider
In over 16 years as an MEP, I've never seen such a vast amount of emails, correspondence, even members of the public phoning my office in Strasbourg as I |
5
5

Bad timing
And this year's award for bad timing goes to Scottish Gas, trying to sell boiler insurance on the hottest day of the year: Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
9
9

Bees
A swarm is usually pretty docile and safe to approach. If you don't know a local beek there's a contact page on the BBKA website He will try to shake/brush them into a box if they are accessible, or...
10
10

Is My Meter Smart?
I think you are right. When I last asked they were still all arguing about a standard interface system and how to make them accessible to blind people. I do sometimes wonder why such things take so...
4
4