Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - cheap digital camcorder
I really fancy a very cheap basic camcorder to be able to film my animals getting up to their usual highjinks and upload it to the web/youtube for friends to see. I missed a cracker this morning when...
9
9

patio drainage
I'm nearly ready to start on the patio (approx 6m x 4m), but not decided on drainage yet. The patio will be laid with a slope towards the house rear wall. There is a gully at each end of the wall....
5
5

Strimmer trouble
Having used a small basic Black and Decker strimmer in the past I bought a bigger Bosch ART 35 model from Screwfix to tackle the jungle that is my back garden. It's described on the website as having...
16
16

OVO Smart meter
I am getting one next week - complete with wi-fi connection to my router. Does anyone have such, and any comments on it?
65
65

OT Head for heights anyone?
Ch Insp Jo Bull spouted the following bullshit "These two boys are putting themselves and others in extreme danger in return for a quick adrenalin rush." No shit Sherlock. Did you work that one out...
9
9

Any stapler experts here?
I've an old heavy duty 'plier' stapler that has run out of staples after maybe 30 years. I only use it for things like uphostery repairs, so I never got through many staples. Now that I come to get...
8
8

Shredder oil
What's so special about shredder oil that Staples want £20 a pint for it ? Does it work any better than some 3 in ?
16
16

Lidl inspection camera. Experience?
Noticed some inspection cameras in Lidl the other day (Sunday). Not on the Sunday offer list, and no price, but probably still there today. Has anyone got one? If so, how useful are they? I am about...
22
22

Remove remaining paint from internal walls.
We've just pulled the wallpaper from an upstairs room, only to find that half the paint (emulsion, I'd guess) has come with it. I suppose my only option is to try to remove what's left, and...
24
24

An extension to the BoJo folly...
Mayor of London Boris Johnson announced on Monday that the first zero emissions double decker would be rolled out in an initially limited trial in October
23
23

Suspect emails
McAfee frequently send me information that a suspect email has been received and that I should report it to the sender. These are never from anyone I use, so I ignore them. Should I report them, is...
5
5

loft insulation
Hello, It is been pretty warm in the loft conversion, much warmer than the rest of the house. I was removing some down lighters from the ceiling and looked up through the hole and I cannot see any...
5
5

combi boiler flow rate
Hello, I have moved into a house with an old non-condensing combi boiler. I am thinking of replacing it before the winter but I am unsure what to replace it with. There is a loft conversion with an en...
9
9

Electric shower leaking-OK to leave with water isolated and power off?
A few days ago I noticed a steady drip of water coming from the bottom of a 8.5KW electric shower. - I isolated the water (it has one of these valves - or very similar: on the copper pipe feeding the...
8
8

'scoring' plastic sheet to make hinge - any tips?
Hi All I have a little project in mind which will use some semi-rigid plastic sheet, 2mm or so thick. Something like those thin kitchen chopping boards you sometimes see around. I need to have part of...
13
13