Subject Author Posted Replies

Core drilling pebble-dashed wall
Anyone done this? I need to make a hole (approx 3-4" dia) through an outside wall to fit a ventilation grill. The outside skin is pebble- dashed, though. Any tips as to how best to proceed? ta.
3
3

Under - bath electrical connectio
Hello. We've just had some work done on our house and the tradesman noticed that p ower shower pump (located on the floor under the bath) is connected by a pl ug to a trailing socket that runs under...
3
3

El Reg: "Lettuce-nibbling veggies menace Mother Earth"
"Shockingly, the uni's Paul Fischbeck, Michelle Tom and Chris Hendrickson found that the USDA advice "to consume more fruits, vegetables, dairy and seafood is more harmful to the environment because...
2
2

OT - Server Power Summary
Hi guys I am looking again at air conditioning for a proposed server room. While I don't mind over-egging it, I would like to know how much custard I'm throwing around here. The servers in question...
10
10

DeWalt battery polarity
I happen to have a mains/ battery DeWalt vacuum cleaner, which makes for a useful small vac, designed to also work from a DeWalt drill battery. It has a compartment into which the battery can be...
4
4

British Gas Smart Gas and Elec Meters
I've just switched to British Gas for gas and electric ( Collective Fix December 2016 via Money Saving Expert Cheap Energy Club) and I may get the option for their Smart Meters. If I go for this...
27
27

threaded nut on g9 lampholder
Hi All I have a ceiling light with 3x g9 bulbs. The glass shades are help on using a threaded nut which screws around the g9 lampholder. The nut has a 'cogged' or splined outer and the fitting came...
7
7

Recordbreaking December temperatures
Not a word from the resident experts on why the UK is currently 10 degrees warmer than usual for December, with records expecting to be broken. Not a word from the resident experts on the decisions in...
17
17

P&D quote
So: 1 en suite, the smallest space possible it could fit into, one third of which is the shower so no work there and the rest is half tiled - walls the same colour as now (the previous occupant did it...
27
27

Belling oven not working
Hi, I have a Belling Country Chef range style oven (8 ring gas hob, electri c grill and one electric fan oven and one electric oven) The fan assisted oven started turning itself off when it started to...
6
6

Applying Exterior Sealant in Damp Conditions
Ideally I would have done this back in the summer to fix a localised damp issue but it escaped my attention at the time. Is there any problem with applying a decent quality exterior sealant between...
5
5

Lithium rechargeable PP3s
I see that LiIon and LiPo PP3s are now available with a capacity comparable to alkaline ones. Anyone got a recommendation for makes and suppliers, and a suitable charger? It's for a friend's...
3
3

Gridwatch on Mumsnet
bless .... Page 25. .. to a layperson like myself the evidence does not seem robust (record antarctic ice caps) .Even if it were true 'the climate' is such a complicated
28
28

Gas Meter Replacement
Having a new Smart Gas Meter fitted on Weds. What will need doing with my boiler? (Worcester Bosch Combi Greenstar CDI). As it is in the loft, I am just wondering if I need to be prepared for the...
13
13

Thunderbird not showing EBay messages
I get the headers but no text. Is there something I can tweak, or is the email address just too old? Seems I'm not alone. Any advice appreciated
10
10