Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal stair treads - where to get at a reasonable price?
I want to get some metal stair treads for an outside staircase, something like these probably:- However over £30 per tread (if I'm reading it correctly) seems a bit excessive. Can anyone suggest...
10
10

OT: National grid out does mystic meg.
In my never ending search to improve Gridwatch, I stumbled on this Golly, I thought, up to the minute (well last half hour anyway) solar and embedded wind data.. Going back to Jan 1... and then I...
9
9

Re: ot - filters
In message , Brian Gaff writes Umm.. Trolling seems to have a close affinity with the inability to snip. Responses can be amusing but less so after 2 screens worth of scrolling. Advertising a *plonk*...
2
2

OT: The cheapests way to counteract global warming.
The trillions of dollars being spent by the developed world on reducing emissions, will it transpires reduce global temperatures by less than one tenth of a degree by 2100. If you believe in man made...
5
5

Hi Def 19:9 CCTV?.. IP based.
Will need to upgrade some CCTV equipment before long, seems that IP based is a no brainer these days seeing that wireless will be involved to link two of them into the system. Anyone any...
1
1

Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?
Are there any luddites in here still preferring the old fashioned slotted screws?
194
194

Greenish tinge on block paving
Nothing too bad but the top of my drive is getting a bit greenish although the blocks don't look mossy. Any suggestions for a way of getting rid of the grees which I suppose is the beginnings of a...
7
7

Garage door - how to identify and take apart safely
I have a problem with an 'up and over' garage door. One of the nylon pulleys that the tension/balance wire runs round has partly pulled away from its support and become bent. I need to un-tension the...
7
7

storing old paint
Now that the decorator's been I have 5 half full (or is that half empty) 5L tins of emulsion (yes he did buy too much). I shall want to keep some of each to touch up future accidents, but what's the...
21
21

Recycled plastic boarding
As a good husband (!), I am always willing to help my wife in her interests !! Her latest one she has spotted is a bird feeder made with recycled plas tic boards. Maybe it will last longer but at near...
8
8

Refitting panel to integrated dishwasher
New world integrated dishwasher DW60. Stopped working, the locking mechanism was jammed. To sort I had to access the door innards (from the dishwasher side), when I put back together the wooden panel...
1
1

Talking of Air Conditioning
I saw DerbyBorn's post on air con for his car and it got me to thinking about my portable air con unit that is for the home and getting that regassed (sorry don't even know if that is a word or not)....
14
14

Ryobi ONE+ battery system
AIUI, Ryobi make a wide variety of 18v cordless power tool and garden tools, etc. which have interchangeable batteries - designated as the ONE+ system. Is that correct? Some batteries seem to be NiCad...
3
3

Replacing Toilet Cistern Innards
Our bathroom toilet cistern - fitted when the bathroom was refurbished in the early 1990's and not touched since - had become very difficult to flush, and it was pretty obvious that the syphon was...
7
7

OT: Strange computer monitor problem
SWMBO's desktop computer uses a Samsung 17" flat screen monitor which is powered via a smart switch (extension lead where the sockets only turn on when the master socket is drawing power). She's been...
40
40