Subject Author Posted Replies

Android and security
I have an Android 4.4 phone which I have just been using to interrogate car bluetooth diagnostics. It hasn't been used as a phone and has no credit. Today we took it for a trip attached to the...
7
7

OT: weird numbers
This works with the number 3 and the number 9. Is 987659387043185671335 divisible by 9? Add up each digit: 9+8+7+6+5+9+3+8+7+0+4+3+1+8+5+6+7+1+3+3+5 = 108 Add up each digit of that: 1+0+8 = 9. 9 is...
8
8

Boots - sore feet
You're a sage & experienced old bunch hence I thought i'd put this to you; I bought some new boots (Grisport Fuse) at the back end of last year, from a long established outdoor shop and took advice...
22
22

Sit-on sink
The sort that sit directly on the kitchen units and don't need a worktop underneath, eg I'm considering something like this because it (a) saves the cost of the worktop length (b) saves the cost of...
9
9

'Professional grade' pressure washer?
Hi all, Can anyone personally recommend a 'good' (so, value for money, reliable, functional, spares readily-available, accessories-available) continuous use pressure washer, suitable for 'mostly'...
8
8

SDS Drill - update
Thanks,everyone, for the advice. In the end, I noticed a decent deal for Hitachi at B&Q this weekend, and I bought that. It seems really solid, and I expect that I will pass it on to my kids as an...
15
15

Levelling brick-built supports for decking bearers
Hello All. The decking that pre-dates my purchase of my house has finally reached the end of its service life, being rotten within many of the boards and some of the bearers, underneath. I pulled it...
5
5

Patio Doors
Remove existing UPVC back door and adjacent window. Replace with three folding double glazed UPVC doors. No brickwork etc needed above the opening - just remove that below the window. 30 year old...
12
12

Polyurethane garage floor paint problems
Anyone any experience or suggestions? Around a month ago I put two coats of sealer/ primer on my garage floor. I was running short of time so when I put the final [Hi Build] coat on, after noticing a...
3
3

Trousers
Can anyone recommend some workwear trousers/dungarees/boiler suit? I'd quite like some with padded knees. I usually use my most worn-out pair of jeans and throw away the "work" ones, but I've spent so...
29
29

OT: Apropos defragging and SSDs.
The point was made that SSDS don't need defragging. It doesn't improve performance They don't, but they may need TRIMing. # fstrim / ...is the appropriate Linux command to do this for the root...
52
52

The Queensland Handyman
A tradesman pulled over by police in a luxury sports car has more than $590m in the bank but is not "at liberty" to say how he got it, a Brisbane court has heard. Phillip Johnathan Harrison was...
3
3

Removing oil from a cat
I guess the daft sod slept under a car Any suggestions or just leave it? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/62/Oilcat.jpg
47
47

Skinning a cat -- a related issue
The expression as used in my family has always been 'There's more ways to kill a cat than choking it with lard'. Bill
2
2

53 million Smart Meters?
"The British government has committed to getting 53 million smart meters into our homes and small businesses by the end of 2020, at an estimated cost of £11bn." Hum, 53 million by end 2020. Finished...
66
66