Sit-on sink

The sort that sit directly on the kitchen units and don't need a worktop underneath, eg

I'm considering something like this because it

(a) saves the cost of the worktop length (b) saves the cost of the worktop cutout (which I wouldn't do myself)

and most importantly

(c) reduces the total worktop length to below 3 metres which is the maximum that will go round the corner on the stairs (and so saves a butt joint elsewhere)

What's the best way of attaching or sealing the side edge of the sink to an adjacent (laminate finish) worktop that will prevent cracking / movement / water penetration?

And does anyone know of anywhere that does 1 1/2 bowl ones as standard as I can only find single bowl Leisure ones, or expensive catering fabricated ones?

ta

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I used a standard worktop edge on the adjoining laminate worktop but I made the latter removable as it sits over a washing machine. Not a great seal but doesn't really need to be in my case.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Isn't that called a bidet?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know you frequent residential establishments with stainless steel sanitaryware but I think having a steel bidet in the kitchen might be taking the vogue for industrial style and single-room living a little too far.

This isn't London you know where every sq mm of floorspace costs more than a fish supper.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

et in the kitchen might be taking the vogue for industrial style and single-room living a little too far.

Come on, be honest. How many times has it happened to you? You're at a party, you get very pissed, you collapse on the living room floor. You wake up just in time not wet yourself. The bathroom door is locked and there's no sound from within, so probably someone has collapsed in there. So what do you do? It's obvious, you piss and shit in the kitchen sink. Wipe yourself with kitchen roll, get back to sleep. No-one will know it was you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No imagination, you put the turd in the oven on the foil dish left from the takeaway and cremate it to a powder.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

hahah.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about bidets...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not like you to be slower than Bill :-)

Owain