wash bowl on a bathroom worktop....

When I refit bathrooms, I normally fit inset basins into a worktop. and usually set the sink top edge height at 90 to 100cm. So far so good.

Now SWMBO has decided on a wash bowl for the ensuite room. Now these sit on top of a worktop rather than sit in a whole cut out of the worktop.

Am I right in thinking that one must lower the worktop height by the height of the wash bowl so that its at a reasonable height to use functionally or is it acceptable to have the wash bowl higher so to speak so that the worktop does not become too low for shampoo bottles, deodorant et. al. to be placed on?

Regards,

Stephen.

Reply to
I love spam

I thought the determining height was "willy washing level". ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Nah, thats too much hard work after sex... I wipe said willy on the bedroom curtains.

There was one lady on Mumsnet that was asking if "its the done thing" for her other half to keep a bowl of water by his side of the bed to wash his willy in after having sex....

:-)

Reply to
I love spam

Here it is, the thread about willy dunking after sex....

I love spam

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Since people never come in standard heights I can't see why work surfaces (and the like) 'must' do so.

If you're doing this work in your own house, simply put things at a suitable height for you.

Still, if you're 5 foot 3 and SWMBO is 6 foot 7....

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I loved the "I use wire brush and dettol" comment.

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

We have two such basins. Their rims really don't add much above the level of the surrounding worktop. Maybe I'd set the worktop a touch lower than otherwise, but only if reasonably easy to achieve.

Reply to
polygonum

I love spam scribbled

Come again

Reply to
Jonno

get his and hers basins, or a counter that goes up and down.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog