Bathroom Vessel Sink Height on Countertop

What is a typical height that an on the top counter should sit? I would like to put a vessel sink on a vanity that is 33" high. The sink is 6" high. Is 39" too high for the lip of the sink?

I'm redoing the countertop, so I suppose I could make the cutout so that half of the sink is above, have below the counter.

Reply to
Larry Bud

A standard counter surface is 36 inches above the floor. An accessible sink rim meeting ADA standards is no more than 34 inches above the floor.

Tom Baker

Reply to
Tom Baker