Vinyl Interlocking floor times and planks

I have a T & G Bathroom floor and don't want to put ceramic tiles down as it would need to be overboarded and then tiled - this would lead to an annoying little step. Saw some thin interlocking (like laminate flooring) vinlyl tiles and planks today. Didn't have time to try to study them - but wondered if they would be okay just on the plasticy floamed type underlay that was sold alongside

- or would I still need to board it - if boarding - could I then miss the plastic foam stuff?

Is there any sort of floor leveling stuff I could use as an alternative. It is a small bathroom.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I saw these the other weekend too and considering them for my bathroom. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has tried them also.

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

If you want to use a thin floor covering, it would make sense to repair the existing floor so it is level to start with. Anything added to the top to level it is going to raise the overall height by more.

I've got solid engineered oak in mine. T&G, and nailed and glued direct to the floorboards. Didn't actually say suitable for bathrooms, but then I don't leave it soaking wet. It has lasted very well.

I used the same stuff as a surface for the inset wash basin unit. And that obviously does get wet and often. But is wiped off each time. That also has survived very well indeed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The floor isn't "bad" - but the boards are very slightly convexed and there are 3 - 4 mm gaps between. My main need is to minimise a step into the room that would be a trip hazard. My wife trips a lot!

Reply to
DerbyBorn