Subject Author Posted Replies

Water cutting jet
Well, this water cutting jet impressed me .... Fascinating on Twitter: "Watch what 90,000 PSI (pound-force per square inch) water jet cut can cut through. https://t.co/RzqvsnvOQ3" / Twitter...
15

Retaining Dyson V8
I have never been greatly impressed with this appliance. The battery life is very restricted (especially on the high power setting). It is not as powerful as I expected for removing dirt. As the...
9
9

Anyone updated to Forte Agent v. 8?
I've been on version 6 for some years. Is version 8 worth the update?
4
4

Energy price rises for some on this group in January
Energy billing From January £39/year rise for those who pay on receipt of bills. <>"The bump up for those who pay in receipt of bills takes the premium for paying that way to more than 10% over...
11
11

Importing messages into Thunderbird
Can one of you fine folk advice me how to import messages from Thunderbird on my old PC to Thunderbird on a new PC? I've tried copying everything in the email folders on the old PC into the...
12
12

OT: Another scam.
Got two calls on my landline - no one ever calls my landline - to inform me of 'suspicious behaviour' on my (unspecified) ;credit card;, from the 'Bank Fraud Department'. Usual 'dial one to speak to...

Thunderbird
Today's tweak of inverting the inbox seems to indicate they are running out of sensible things to do:-( Who wants new messages at the bottom of the screen when all the controls are at the top? Or is...
13
13

TOT Dog Food
By coincidence, I read an article about how the cash strapped are now eating dog food and then slightly later was looking at the ingredients on a tin of cheap dog food (approx 50p for a 400g can) Beef...
7
7

Knots
Gentlemen, I'm hopeless at knots, so this explanation will be a bit laboured, I'm afraid... Can anyone suggest a knot which is capable of cinching up tight around (for example) a hook AND can be put...
44
44

New Shower enclosure issue
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only shower door that fits this tray is a now a...
3
3

OT - Fed Dibnah's house
A fairly recent video of Fred's house and workshop. A rather sad and poignant view of what has happened to it in the 18 years since he died. <> FRED DIBNAH'S HOUSE 2022 (Unique insight) Exclusive Many...
3
3

Clonning HDD to SSD - no boot
My old laptop is becoming rather sluggish and I thought to try swapping the HDD for an SSD. HDD 1Gb SSD is a Crucial 500Mb. Laptop Acer has 8Mb memory, running Win10. HDD has around 150Mb of data on...
29
29

Heat distribution around home
The home being a bungalow. Noticing a 3C differential between ends of the house, and not wanting to heat one end at ludicrous energy prices, what's most cost effective way to get air to move around...
43
43

OT: Electric cars
The secret genius of modern life: Prof. Hanna Fry; Episode 4 Electric Car. An absolutely fascinating programme. Repeat still available on BBC2 8th Dec. 02.40; set your recorders, or alternatively,...
170
170

Strange Error log entry for BDnet.sys with Win10Pro/32
I notice this error being logged recently and Google says it is something to with Bullguard security, but I have never installed anything with this name. Does anyone know what it is ?. Should I just...
1
1