oil on new pliers

Every time I buy a new pair of higher end pliers there is some type of oil between the moving parts, does anybody know what type of oil this is and where I can buy it? Thanks.

John,
I don't know the "Name' of the oil but something that has the same viscosity as the oil on those higher end pliers is gun grease bought at any firearms supply store. Hope that was of some help... Jim
cosmoline......

I will check that out, thank you.