oil on new pliers

Every time I buy a new pair of higher end pliers there is some type of oil between the moving parts, does anybody know what type of oil this is and where I can buy it? Thanks.

Reply to
For example: John Smith

John,

I don't know the "Name' of the oil but something that has the same viscosity as the oil on those higher end pliers is gun grease bought at any firearms supply store. Hope that was of some help... Jim

Reply to
Jimi

I will check that out, thank you.

Reply to