Squeaky Hot Water Side of Faucet

We just installed(about 2 weeks ago) a Moen Model 84200 lavatory faucet:

The hot water side has begun squeaking when turning on and off.

The cold water side is fine.

We had a Peerless faucet prior to this and it did the same thing.

I don't think that water pressure is an issue because we have the same pressure at the bathtub and kitchen sink with no problems.

Any suggestions?

Lubricating the water is not an option.

TIA.

Reply to
TC

"Squeaky" is not enough information. However, sometimes "noises" occur when pipes are improperly secured. Particularly on the hot side. A common issue is when a wooden peg is used to secure a pipe when it passes through a drilled opening in a stud. Because of the changing temperature (cold to hot), movement, and expansion and contraction you can have a variety of noises. This sounds the most logical to me, especially since you said that the problem existed with the Peerless valve as well.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

"Bob Wheatley"

Darn, I thought you'd tell him how to safely lubricate his water (what do you think he meant by that?).

Reply to
Mike Grooms