Loss of Water Pressure on Hot Side of Moen Single-Handle Faucet

This does not appear to be systemic as the other hot faucets in the house have excellent pressure. The faucet is fed through 1/2" brass pipes and then through flexible armored connectors that are about 10 years old. Pressure problem is the same with and without the aerator. While neither of these seems likely, I have focused on a faulty Moen valve assembly (the plastic one, not the SS one) or on the flexible feed lines. (Possible collapsed walls?) While there is obvious loss of water pressure on the hot side, the pressure on the cold side may be down a little also- hard to tell. Anybody have any experience with a problem like this? Many thanks for help. Frank P.S. I always like to try to diagnose before I disassemble.

Reply to
frank1492

99% change the cartridge is clogged. Clean or replace.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And the reason it's on the hot side it that your water heater is rusting and/or has sediment being carried along with the hot water to your shower. Take off one of the aerators on one of your faucets and check the screens for debris to see what I mean. Those are easy to clean, whereas shower bodies not so much.

RicodJour

I read that as dissemble. So, does that mean you're pretending to be a doctor...? ;)

RicodJour

Haha. Never heard the word "dissemble" before so looked it up. Very clever. No chance it's rust. The tank is a Marathon, all plastic.

Reply to
frank1492

Could be sediment of minerals. Can't tell to you dissemble it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks to all for your ideas. I disassembled the faucet (Moen sink) and inspected the cartridge. Clean as a whistle. My next focus would of course be the pipes and the flexible connectors to the faucet, but I think I will give it a rest for awhile.

Reply to
frank1492

Umm, I proposed you remove the aerator, not disassemble the faucet. The aerator screen is where you'll find the stuff if there is any.

RicodJour

Umm, I proposed you remove the aerator, not disassemble the faucet. The aerator screen is where you'll find the stuff if there is any.

=============

In his initial message, he said "Pressure problem is the same with and without the aerator."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yowza! I really bobbled the ball on that one. Looking back at it I have no idea how I thought that he was talking about a single-handled shower body. I apologize for my confusion.

RicodJour

I knew several of you were talking about shower faucets- should have cleared things up earlier. Sorry.

Reply to
frank1492

My fault for not reading more carefully.

RicodJour

Sediment from my water heat cost me about $400 to replace shower faucets. Have filter on output of WH now.. Also put fridge type water filter on humidifier. Cost about $200 to get the valve replaced.

Reply to
JIMMIE