Your Homeowners Insurance has been Cancelled

Official announcement from American Family Insurance.
If you're home or auto is insured by American Family Insurance, and many other insurance companies, your account has been most likely been cancelled in the past month. This is due to new governmental restrictions and limitations on insurance policies, after the damages incurred in the South from hurricanes Katrina and Rita. What this means is that you are very likely uninsurred.
If this is of concern to you, we would like to offer you a special deal. For an additional fee of $178 per $1000 insurred value, we will insure that your insurance policy is intact in the event that you suffer a disaster. Please send payment immediately to be assurred that you are insurred. This new ruling took effect Monday October 10, 2005, so you could be uninsurred ever since that date. Do not delay, send payment immediately.
American Family Insurance cares about our customers.
If this isn't a troll, it is most certainly a scam.

Yeah, look at the grammar and spelling. Definitely not written by an insurance company.
Bob

They asked for money, and didn't tell you where to send it....

I just put some money in a blank envelope and dropped it in the mailbox. I feel a lot better knowing that my insurance is insured.
Goedjn spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

No one claimed the scammer was particularly intelligent. :)
NOI
Robertm wrote:

Of course its bogus! Why would anyone even begin to think an insurance or other large company would use Usenet to do business? But as PT Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute" Eric

What about Usenet Casualty and Life?
Or Usenet Home and Car Insurance.. Remember, you're in good hands with Usenet.

Hmm. Maybe I shoudln't have sent them money.

mm wrote:

Think? ;^>
snipped-for-privacy@amfam.com wrote:

Scam alert. The map at http://www.amfam.com/ shows that American Family does not insure anyone in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and any number of other states including the entire east coast. I would be VERY surprised if AmFam lost a dime to either hurricane.

This is Turtle.
To whom it may concern.
Louisiana has a insurance failure premium the 1% of all money paid to insuirance company has to be paid to this fund. This fund is held till a company defaults on their payment of a loss and the fund will pay it but the state of Louisiana will seize the company assets and the loses will be paid out of the seized company fund and from the 1% failure funds.
About 10 years ago a auto insurance company named Dixie insurance went belly up as they said and Louisiana seized the assets they had and found out the Dixie was a sub company of Champion insurance company and then they siezed Champion ins. co. also. They want the Louisiana fund to pay it and Champion to walk out with the money they feed to them. Also our insurance commisioner went to Federal Prison over this deal for he had a piece of it too.
So if you live in Louisiana your insurance maybe better than you think.
TURTLE